craigslist lift kit

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
found a lift kit on craigs the other day and got a letter back from the guy with a couple of pics but the pics dont look right.... its supposed to be a liftmiester kit unused. but im not seeing the big washers and i see a couple of black things instead? curious if the kit is all there or am i seeing something wrong or what??

View attachment 19782

View attachment 19783

am i wrong? different variation of the kit or soemthing?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 158
  • tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 158

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'd email Mark. Better to go to the source, and that is indeed one of his first design kits, with a couple of black rubber upper mounts thrown in from the parts store. Needs washers, as you pointed out.

markmc

Nov 20, 2011
LordBear said:
found a lift kit on craigs the other day and got a letter back from the guy with a couple of pics but the pics dont look right.... its supposed to be a liftmiester kit unused. but im not seeing the big washers and i see a couple of black things instead? curious if the kit is all there or am i seeing something wrong or what??

View attachment 5264

View attachment 5265

am i wrong? different variation of the kit or soemthing?

thats my 2.5" kit and a set of new upper strut mounts.
Please send me the link to my gmail.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
We need to start putting up GMTnation Invites on Graigslist Lol

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Nothing wrong with the old kit, I just picked up a used one from a fellow gmt member. Not sure what this guy is doing though, maybe he is just too lazy to type up a description.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I would contact him and see if he has the 4 nuts and 2 washers. Worst case, you buy them from Mark and you are good to go. There is nothing wrong with the old lift of Marks.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
ok...the guy finally replied and sent another pic..this time it is a pic of the washers and nuts. so looks like everything is there then... so now the question is should i jump on this ?

View attachment 19788

Attachments

• Lift 3.jpg
    Lift 3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 9

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
$100 or best offer...

do u need to use those rubber mounts?? dont see those in the kit mark is selling now.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Go for it, the price is good. You don't have to use them but if yours have cracks or are damaged you will have them.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
sounds like a good thing to have... or a good thing to replace? while your at it any how.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It can definitely save you from having to take the strut assembly apart again soon.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
$100 is a good price. I paid $75 shipped for the lift kit - minus nuts, and washers. I am going to turn mine down to fit and the new strut mount has the nuts. The strut mounts go for about $25 each. I am going to replace the major components struts, shocks, ball joints, strut mounts, bushings. I am at 120k miles and this will revive the suspension a bit.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
yah..i would like to do all that as well.. but to spendy for my blood... as it is..now i need to save up for new shocks/struts and replace one or both of my half shaft... couldnt believe it after i bought my tb and found out these things dont have grease zerts.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
LordBear said:
couldnt believe it after i bought my tb and found out these things dont have grease zerts.

Did not surprise me with all of the other things that are so screwy with our trucks. Try this one on for surprise, girls VW has a non user serviceable trans. No dipstick, no sight glass, only a bung on the side to see if fluid comes out. You need special tools and equipment to fill it though.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
just sent payment..woo hoo...now the question is...how long before i get it installed.... or do i end up reselling it again down the road..lmao

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
woo hoo ..finally got it in the mail, was begining to wonder though.. asked him when i was going to get it..then didnt answer my msg for a couple of days.. and hes like oh i was out of town..lol.. but got it fast once he sent it. didnt have decals with it though... not sure if i want to put them on my windows..not much one for a lot of stuff like that..but thinkin bout it ... will have to bug mark and order some later i guess.. but now i got a ton of parts to get before i get the kit installed.. get it done while its all apart.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online