crack in plastic radiator

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
94 k-1500, discovered about a 3" vertical crack in the driver's side plastic radiator side tank right around where the upper oil cooler line screws in. Leaking pretty bad. I can get a new rad at NAPA in town here for $185 but have heard about plastic repair kits. Those things work? Since we use the Burb for towing a TT in the desert and over mountains am a little concerned that the plastic patch might fail. Any thoughts or experience with these kits out there?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And they are relatively cheap nowadays. CCC are actually pretty good. Look for Prime Choice on eBay.

Reactions: Capote

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The plastic repair kits work well if you get everything cleaned up very well and get the crack Ved out and dry. By the time you take things out and buy everything to do it right you could have saved the time by replacing it.

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
thanks all, that's the validation I was looking for, I agree. Never having a plastic radiator before (been towing with '65 Chevy Van) wasn't sure if there was a magic fix or not, not.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Mine took a dump in the week as well. I just replaced it... didn't want to have to worry about a repair failing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.