couple questions I'm swapping trans

moneypit

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
which goop for cooling line fittings? Can I buy just the 1 transfer case adapter seal? anybody know the thread size/pitch on the exhaust flange to manifold studs for the nut side?IMG_3046.JPGIMG_3043.JPGIMG_3045.JPG

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
which goop for cooling line fittings?
If you mean tranny cooler line fittings, none. It's a seal at each one.
Can I buy just the 1 transfer case adapter seal?
You'd have to check with a dealer on that probably. Have you checked the online sellers like gmpartsdirect?
anybody know the thread size/pitch on the exhaust flange to manifold studs for the nut side?
Somebody better than I will have to answer that one.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ah those. Not 100% certain but I'd use the pipe sealant. Don't they have a gasket or sealing washer?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
plumbing Teflon tape should be fine. I think that's what I used as well and I haven't had a leak in almost a year on those fittings. Just don't by the cheap stuff. I think the standard Teflon tape's melting point is around 200+Celcius.

jmonica

Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Wish I could help. I converted mine to steel braided lines after the OEM lines rusted away and cost me to have to replace my trans. Good luck mate! And yes, you only need the one transfer case gasket.

moneypit

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I ended up using teflon tape on them, now I should find a way to flush the cooler in rad. while I got the lines off at trans. & the room! we don't have an Oreilleys around me.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is arguably The Best "How to Flush the Transmission Cooler and Lines" ...EVER...on ANY Transmission sporting the Cooler-in-the- Radiator Combination or those supporting any additional Trans Coolers installed. The Cooler Lines should NEVER be Flushed and then Reverse Flushed as recommended THROUGH the 4L60ETransmission... and so both the Inlet and Outlet Lines should remain detached throughout this entire process. Plan on using several Empty Gallon Plastic Jugs along with Compressed Air and at LEAST Two Cans of the Trans Flush to ensure completeness of these procedures. Please... Wear OSHA Approved Eye Protection while engaged in this Job:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online

No members online now.