Could this be true??

Harpo

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
I was searching for something (forgot what) and found this from a very old test of the "new" 2002 Trailblazer from TestDrive.com.

I saw this in the text, "By the way, added chief engineer Ted Robertson, there's another 30 horsepower to be had just by going to dual exhausts. Aftermarket manufacturers are probably bending pipes now.".

That has to be a big exaggeration, dont you think.

The whole text is here 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Expert Reviews Details

Edit:
I also found this that would explain a lot,"However the estimated EPA rated mileage of 15/21 mpg city/highway is based on that optional 3.42 rear end (a legal EPA loophole) so higher" is relative."

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Harpo said:
I was searching for something (forgot what) and found this from a very old test of the "new" 2002 Trailblazer from TestDrive.com.

I saw this in the text, "By the way, added chief engineer Ted Robertson, there's another 30 horsepower to be had just by going to dual exhausts. Aftermarket manufacturers are probably bending pipes now.".

That has to be a big exaggeration, dont you think.

The whole text is here 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Expert Reviews Details

Edit:
I also found this that would explain a lot,"However the estimated EPA rated mileage of 15/21 mpg city/highway is based on that optional 3.42 rear end (a legal EPA loophole) so higher" is relative."

The review makes me want to go out and buy one. A 10% increase in HP for dual exhaust? The thing that got me was where he says of the 16 - It's so smooth that it doesn't sound like much of anything. That's a big obstacle to clear to make it sound like a v8. The other thing was that apparently there is a difference between fabric and cloth upholstery.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online