DEAL Costco now selling branded full synth motor oil (2 x 5qt, $29.99)

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
That price above includes shipping to your door (but probably not sales tax). $3/qt, for the arithmetic challenged (which includes me). Not a bad price, considering.

Don't know who they're sourcing it from, but it has Dexos2, API SN and SN Plus certs. New enough that BITOG has nothing on it, as far as analysis / reviews. I'm thinking it might be Castrol (BP), b/c of that 'thermal breakdown' blurb, but that's just a WAG.

Link to the 5W-30: https://www.costco.com/kirkland-sig...or-oil-5-quart,-2-pack.product.100527865.html

Page above mentions that it 'might' be in your local store even cheaper. Just passing on for Costco members.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Our local Costco sells 5L jugs of Castrol for $29.99CAD. I should go to a US Costco to see the differences. One thing ours have in the restaurant is fries, gravy and POUTINE!

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
One thing ours have in the restaurant is fries, gravy and POUTINE!

You had to go and say that, didn't you? LOL
That's the kind of thing I'd reactivate my lapsed membership for. :laugh:

(on edit / fyi: ) Here in the US, Costco carries M1 in a 6 x 1qt box, and Chevron in 6 x 1qt box, both in a few 'popular' viscosities. Maybe one other one; can't remember. I bought the M1 from them once; generally, I can pick it up cheaper elsewhere (waiting on a $48 rebate check from Mobil, which will bring my unit cost for that purchase down to $12.xx per 5qt bottle, IIRC)

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also forgot to mention... Wings too!

Here it's only Castrol. $30CAD for 5L of synth ain't too bad for here. As long as it's a good oil, I'm ok. I never go for boutique oil like Amsoil or Royal Purple.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.