Cost/Price of Lifting Trailblazer and Other Parts Needed

connorwallin

Original poster
Jul 16, 2017
Philadelphia
I am wondering what the total after cost of lifting would be. I know MarkMC 2.5" lift kit is $165.00. I am wondering what else I would need to buy in order to lift it. My TB is currently stock everything. I am debating on getting new tires and so I'm currently researching if I want to do the lift or just get normal sized tires for now.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Define normal sized tires... You can put 30.6" on without a lift or spacers. To go to a taller tire you will definitely need spacers. As what used to be always asked by and old friend. What is your mission?

connorwallin

Original poster
Jul 16, 2017
Philadelphia
Define normal sized tires... You can put 30.6" on without a lift or spacers. To go to a taller tire you will definitely need spacers. As what used to be always asked by and old friend. What is your mission?

normal size tires meaning the ones that are currently on the truck as 245/70/17 but in a all terrian tread. Once figuring out all lift cost, I would then debate if I'd rather just get a little bigger size tires for stock rather then buying the lift kit and having brand new tires that are now to small.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I am wondering what the total after cost of lifting would be. I know MarkMC 2.5" lift kit is $165.00. I am wondering what else I would need to buy in order to lift it. My TB is currently stock everything. I am debating on getting new tires and so I'm currently researching if I want to do the lift or just get normal sized tires for now.

I researched for years, if you have to ask then you need to look more. Just a heads up!

connorwallin

Original poster
Jul 16, 2017
Philadelphia
I researched for years, if you have to ask then you need to look more. Just a heads up!

Yes, I've looked and researched and yes I should look deeper but honestly shocked and surprised that if this has been so researched and asked that how isn't their a dedicated sticky post or forum to direct straightly to this type of question.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Mine is leveled...see my build for specifics, but the route I took was the most economical IMO. Here's a quick rundown of what everything generally ran me...

Spacers: $225
2.5 Lift: $165
Bilstein 24-103336: $66x2 (RE-USED STOCK SPRINGS)
Z71 rear springs and shocks: $100 from GMTN member
265/75/16 KO2's: ~$800

So you are looking at around $400+ in parts alone, before wheels/tires. It ain't cheep but I like the stance mine has. But be ready because lifting anything only decreases reliability.

connorwallin

Original poster
Jul 16, 2017
Philadelphia
Mine is leveled...see my build for specifics, but the route I took was the most economical IMO. Here's a quick rundown of what everything generally ran me...

Spacers: $225
2.5 Lift: $165
Bilstein 24-103336: $66x2 (RE-USED STOCK SPRINGS)
Z71 rear springs and shocks: $100 from GMTN member
265/75/16 KO2's: ~$800

So you are looking at around $400+ in parts alone, before wheels/tires. It ain't cheep but I like the stance mine has. But be ready because lifting anything only decreases reliability.
Thank you for this, this is exactly what I was looking for. I will defiantly think things over as I especially love the look of how your rig sits snowblazer.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
normal size tires meaning the ones that are currently on the truck as 245/70/17 but in a all terrian tread. Once figuring out all lift cost, I would then debate if I'd rather just get a little bigger size tires for stock rather then buying the lift kit and having brand new tires that are now to small.
You should be able to run 265-65R17 with no issues.

Reactions: Matt

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You should be able to run 265-65R17 with no issues.

That's what I run with a 2.5 lift, no spacers, no rubbing. One day I'll get adapters and run a wider rim with something like 285/65R or 285/70R either 17" or 18".

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
went the lifted route ( Mark Mc's 3" front/ 2" rear, and his adapters/spacers) for roughly 40k. at that point needed to rebuild the front end. took lift out and went with 265-65-18 on stock rims and spacers for summer and run 265-70-17 on stock rims (w/ spacers) for winter. no rubbing or cutting. :twocents:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Just an FYI - if you do the MarkMC 2.5" kit, you'll need to use stock upper strut mounts. But more than likely your originals are shot and would need replaced. If I was to do it again, I'd probably go with the 3" kit because it totally replaces that upper mount and the cost isn't that much different.

I had Firestone Destination AT on my lifted Trailblazer, the BFG KO2 tires are better but the Firestones weren't bad at all, and they did cost a fair bit less (and since I had stuck with P metric tires, they weren't as heavy). They were 265/75/16, and I had wheel spacers on stock wheels.

Reactions: djthumper

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
If you're just looking to run the 2.5" kit, all you're looking at is the cost of the kit and an alignment. No additional parts are "needed".

Going off what Sparky said, I highly recommend replacing any components that might need replaced soon while you're in there. My control arm bushings are now squeaking and my front struts are getting bouncy. I wish I would have done them while I had everything apart, but now I just don't have time to fool with it and thinking about taking back apart the struts makes my butt cheeks clench.

Don't forget to flip the UCAs.

Last edited:
Reactions: fletch09

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Don't waste money on the z71 rear, just use the spacers n stock rear springs if doing the 2.5 and you don't carry a ton of weight. The ride with them kinda sucks.

You more than likely want new longer rear shocks with any sort of lift back there. Even the basic rear spacers have the stock ones near full extension and they will top out.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
:iagree: I still need to order the taller ones.

Also, I think I may have seen something about needing a new panhard bar?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If you want the rear end centered side to side you need a rear panhard that is adjustable or a drop bracket and for all out full do it right function you should do both.

Reactions: Matt

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
A watts link would be sweet.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
265/65/17 with no lift?

I'm running this tire size without a lift, have been for about 5 years now. Quite happy with them. Slight dip in MPG, but I didn't buy this truck with that in mind anyway. :rolleyes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online