Corvette servo - has anybody installed one?

lincolnshibuya

Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
KC MO
looks like the exhaust is on the way, did you guys just drop the trans a bit or took out the exhaust to do this mod?

sounds like a cheap mod for a better 1-2 shift..

I don't like the long shift (soft)

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
I put one in my trans when I rebuilt it. I don't really know how OE shifted, but it is a nice firm shift. Then I did the PCM of NC tune with even more firm shifts, I kinda didnt like it, it was jerky at low RPM throttle speeds. But WOT it flew.

I think you can do it while it is in the vehicle. Watch a YouTube Video by Transmission Bench on the 4L60E, shows how to take it apart. I bought my complete Vette servo from www.globaltransmissionparts.com , unless we have someone special here we like to support. it was $37 bucks

Reactions: Mooseman

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
It will definitely get firmer - and you feel it more at 1/4 throttle, especially when the truck is warming up.

Mine was also done out-of-car, as the trans had to be removed / rebuilt. But there are members here who have done it in-car. You have to lower the tail end of the trans about 2" - 3" or so, IIRC (there's a guard / rail in front of the servo location when the trans is bolted in-place.)

There's a few posts on the site about doing it. Check them out and see what you think. Besides dropping the tail end of the trans, the main issue is getting the blue outer seal off - the posts go over that, too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online