Cooper Discovery AT3's

RichieT

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Just my initial impression of the AT3's after having them installed last week. On road ride is very good and pretty quiet. After several days of Sandy and her aftermath,I can say wet road traction was excellent. Also, somewhat muddy dirt roads (nothing deep) were mostly passable in 2WD that previously needed 4WD with the old crap tires. Don't know if or when they are going to open the beaches again (if there's any beach left) to evaluate sand performance,which is what I wanted these for. When I get to hit some snow or sand I'll update. So far I am happy with these.:thumbsup:

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
very nice. i have falkens myself for now but am in the market for new tires. think i will give these a try when i get back to NY. keep us posted.

gr82bCanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup:
After in depth research on my part a few weeks ago to find me some new tires for my truck, I had it narrowed down to 4 brands, I finally decided on the Cooper Discoverer A/T3's, glad to hear they are performing well.
I was all excited to get them ordered and installed....then we decided that we are going to 'park' my truck and use hubby's Silverado for the winter and buy me new tires next fall, I can still get a summers worth out of my old tires but not good enough for winter, plus we need to get mileage up on hubby's truck (2004 with only 90k km on it).
So I am confident that next year I will have the Cooper too :smile:

Dec 4, 2011
gr82bCanadian said:
Thanks for the info!! :thumbsup:
After in depth research on my part a few weeks ago to find me some new tires for my truck, I had it narrowed down to 4 brands, I finally decided on the Cooper Discoverer A/T3's, glad to hear they are performing well.
I was all excited to get them ordered and installed....then we decided that we are going to 'park' my truck and use hubby's Silverado for the winter and buy me new tires next fall, I can still get a summers worth out of my old tires but not good enough for winter, plus we need to get mileage up on hubby's truck (2004 with only 90k km on it).
So I am confident that next year I will have the Cooper too :smile:

My son in law has Cooper AT3's on his Pathfinder and seems to really like them. I think I will spring for a set of CTS's. Don't do much if any off highway (note not OFF ROAD).

I have always had good luck with Coopers with all aspects of use. So far the best deal I have found is at Value Tire in Saskatoon for a little over $825.00 all in except tax.

Don't know if they still have the $75.00 rebate going but if not apparently Cooper does this again in the spring.

Hope this helps.

redbandit98

Aug 8, 2012
I was about to order mine when I came across the mastercraft version the AXT..I like white wall tires and I like the sidewalls better on the mastercraft. They should be the same tire since mastercraft and cooper are one in in the same.

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
I love my Discoverer STT's.... But are probably too aggressive for your needs. Always had good luck with cooper tires.

RichieT

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Well, the nor' easter dumped about 6" of very heavy snow which quickly started to freeze for my commute home last night. The AT3's performed very well. I stayed in AWD and never felt much slippage, even when most everyone else were fishtailing from stops. Only once, starting on a hill did I feel the G80 catch. I know it wasn't that deep, but I feel pretty confident in these tire's ability. I think if you did more hardcore wheeling you would be happier with one of the more aggressive treads. If you're looking for a tire for a DD that see's some less aggressive trails like I see going to my hunting and camping areas, these tires would be a good choice.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
04envoyxlv8

Members Online