coolant drain and refill vs flush system

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
strat81 said:
Good advice. Buy a few cans and do the condenser on your home's AC unit while you're at it. Hardware stores and HVAC suppliers should have it.

It's just oven cleaner. Sodium Hydroxide (lye), Pickup some at home depot or something. A 30% mixture with water in a garden sprayer should work. Otherwise I don't see why oven cleaner wouldn't work as well.

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
CaptainXL said:
It's just oven cleaner. Sodium Hydroxide (lye), Pickup some at home depot or something. A 30% mixture with water in a garden sprayer should work. Otherwise I don't see why oven cleaner wouldn't work as well.

Not all coil cleaners are lye based. Also, lye can remove vehicle paint, so be careful if you go with a lye-based cleaner.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
strat81 said:
Not all coil cleaners are lye based. Also, lye can remove vehicle paint, so be careful if you go with a lye-based cleaner.

True. SODIUM METASILICATE which was in Bleche Wite works as well. Any wheel degreaser should work. It just needs to degrease. Or rather dissolve road tar and rubber.

jes1888

May 1, 2013
OK so i made everything today, with the help of God, i made it throught :rotfl: Vehicle is working excellent, but my CEL did came on. Tomorrow will take it to autozone to scan. Thanks to everybody that replied my question and doubts. :biggrin:

jes1888

May 1, 2013
Looks like the code was something about Cylinder #2, maybe i moved the harness on it, however she's running fine and super smooth idle considering the fact that i just put the battery back. Leaved the vehicle overnight with the negative cable removed from battery and until today to more CEL!!! still have the freaking 2 stabilytrak lights on along with ABS :confused: Thanks again to everybody that helped!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online

No members online now.