Good evening.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
MAY03LT said:
Mister Popular. Nice.

Say Jimmy are our referrals making the move over here? Bill said that if I could get more then him then I can put some speakers in the roadiemobile.
From my brief research just now, no. It doesn't look like IPB has a referral system that is comparable to vB. There is a referral system in IPB, but we don't have it setup yet.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
For those having trouble with Firefox spell check in the new software, try this (it worked for me):

Perform these actions, in order:
  1. Opening a forum and either start a new topic or reply to an existing topic just like you would normally
  2. Type any word in the body of your message... preferably a misspelled word
  3. Right click on that word and from the popup menu, hover over "Languages" and make sure "English" is selected
Confirm your selection by right clicking on a word again, going to the Language menu, and verify that there is now a bullet/dot next to the language you selected. A bullet/dot means that dictionary language is selected.

spellcheck-language.png

Upvote 0

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
The Engrish thing fixed it. Thanks buddy :thumbsup:.

Good luck the nightly trials Trios, I did that with CM on my old phone. It became more of a pain than anything.

Upvote 0

Trios

Mar 27, 2014
blazinlow89 said:
The Engrish thing fixed it. Thanks buddy :thumbsup:.

Good luck the nightly trials Trios, I did that with CM on my old phone. It became more of a pain than anything.
I use it so I can run a 64-bit browser. Honestly, the nightly builds have only ever given me an issue once, and it was quickly resolved with another update.

Upvote 0

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Trios said:
I use it so I can run a 64-bit browser. Honestly, the nightly builds have only ever given me an issue once, and it was quickly resolved with another update.
I had one that seemed well, a few hours later I had to spend 3 hours trying to get the phone to accept a factory rom to revive it. Several failed attempts and some research, resurrected the phone from its sad state. 64-bit browser did not even cross my mind.

I will be mobile most of the day tomorrow, if I find any issues I will relay them.

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MAY03LT said:
Say Jimmy are our referrals making the move over here? Bill said that if I could get more then him then I can put some speakers in the roadiemobile.
Ahhhh, humbug. Half of my referrals had no idea whose shill PM'ed them anyway. So I wasn't getting "credit", but that's OK. I don't derive a sense of self-worth by how large my "flock" is. [much]

garfieldmicehonor.jpg

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I'm pretty sure you have at least the #1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 spots combined. Probably more. A new member posted last night that they saw one of your overlayed pics on the OS which got them seeking us out.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
OK one thing I noticed that I'm either missing or it doesn't exist - the old software had a "view latest unread post" button you could hit to jump to the last post you've seen. It was a little arrow button at the very beginning of the thread title. Nice and quick to get back up to speed on a thread and I used it constantly. I'm not seeing it.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's there, it's a dot or star just to the left of the title of the thread. If it's lit up, there is new content since the last time you went to it.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Mooseman said:
It's there, it's a dot or star just to the left of the title of the thread. If it's lit up, there is new content since the last time you went to it.
That or you can click the time of the latest post to the right of the thread title and it will bring you to the latest post. There is also a link at the top of each thread that says "Go to first unread post". We'll work out these little details to make things more convenient.

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I got a pm and had a single notification. After I replied, I got this.

Screenshot_2014-04-21-14-02-33.png

Upvote 0
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
Im liking the new look and function, i miss the location tag on the users so i know where about they are located.
but good job..

I did have to remove my connection via tapatalk and then search for it again to get it to connect.

Upvote 0

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Mine was the same after I got a PM from Roadie the other night. Does not show that anymore. Also I searched for the donate link, could not find it on the phone. Maybe add a link to the homepage?

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I checked them, and it was a random mix of old and new. Kinda odd. Guess someone crossed the streams or something.

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
Also I searched for the donate link, could not find it on the phone. Maybe add a link to the homepage?
That is currently offline. Here's a quote to follow:

Please come back later when the site upgrade is complete and this feature is working again. For now - it's offline.
Thanks for your support!

I need to figure out when my subscription comes up... has to be pretty soon.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
X2 on the missing location tag. I always liked knowing where peeps were from. Also helps with replying to posts for obtaining parts, issues (i.e. overheating in the desert, rusting, etc.)

Reactions: Bill05EnvoySLT
Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Aarkon said:
whats the warning post 0 thing in our display?
It has to do with the infractions system. We don't use it a whole lot, but I can demonstrate.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
MAY03LT said:
I got a pm and had a single notification. After I replied, I got this.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_2014-04-21-14-02-33.png
Is it just on your mobile browser, or on your computer as well?

Bill05EnvoySLT said:
Im liking the new look and function, i miss the location tag on the users so i know where about they are located.
but good job..

I did have to remove my connection via tapatalk and then search for it again to get it to connect.
The location tag will be restored soon, it's on my list.

blazinlow89 said:
Mine was the same after I got a PM from Roadie the other night. Does not show that anymore. Also I searched for the donate link, could not find it on the phone. Maybe add a link to the homepage?
On your mobile browser as well?

MAY03LT said:
I checked them, and it was a random mix of old and new. Kinda odd. Guess someone crossed the streams or something.
Don__t_Cross_the_Streams_by_Dynomite8.jpg

Robbabob said:
That is currently offline. Here's a quote to follow:

Please come back later when the site upgrade is complete and this feature is working again. For now - it's offline.
Thanks for your support!

I need to figure out when my subscription comes up... has to be pretty soon.
Correct, I haven't gotten to this part of the list yet, I'm sorry for the delay. We appreciate your interest in helping support our community and we'll have that stuff setup as soon as possible.

Mooseman said:
X2 on the missing location tag. I always liked knowing where peeps were from. Also helps with replying to posts for obtaining parts, issues (i.e. overheating in the desert, rusting, etc.)
Soon, I promise.

Aarkon said:
whats the warning post 0 thing in our display?
Just another one of those low priority things I haven't gotten to yet. I need to completely rework the postbit so the location and ride information is cleaner and better organized.

Reactions: MAY03LT
Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Jimmy that was on mobile. Can't check on pc til later.

Upvote 0

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
The main screen on the forums, the background image keeps disappearing. So the whole page is white.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Hatchet said:
The main screen on the forums, the background image keeps disappearing. So the whole page is white.
Can you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies? This is the first report I've had of this type of thing happening.

Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
The_Roadie said:
Shoot. I assigned you some points, but the public profile doesn't show it. No fragging today.
Don't feel bad. I banned Jimmy last week and that didn't work either.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Signatures, lets agree on a fair size limit for signatures pics and content. That'll be one more thing off my list.

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Propose 100X300 for pics. 150X400 for premium members, with no annoying animation allowed? Need more characters than we had at trailvoy for text, because I was always running out when I wanted to use my signature for URL links. That sort of stuff should be encouraged for less forum clutter.

Upvote 0

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
Can you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies? This is the first report I've had of this type of thing happening.
Yea that fixed it. I missed a few cookies when I cleared them this morning for the new site. Thanks.

Upvote 0

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i don't think width of sigs is an issue, height is. id say 100px high as a max but 600-800px wide is fine

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
jimmyjam said:
i don't think width of sigs is an issue, height is. id say 100px high as a max but 600-800px wide is fine
Somehow, due to your avatar photo, I find it hard to take you seriously. :raspberry:

Actually, it makes me want to propose an avatar and signature photo APPROVAL COMMITTEE.

:biggrin:

Seriously: 100 is not a bad height at all. Should Prem members get more? Width may be more of an issue on the mobile site. I don't think Tapatalk members see signatures or the profile data anyway unless they click on the member name.

Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The_Roadie said:
...with no annoying animation allowed
That would be sweet. I don't think we have any offenders here but on other forums I have turn sigs off just because of that.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Beside each signature when you hover over them, there is an X that you can click to ignore that particular sig or all of them but I can't ignore Roadie's. Maybe can't ignore admins?

Upvote 0

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Ya It said I had to go in and iknowledge it before I could post again and it said how many points I had who it was from and the message you sent

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online