Confused about Rear Suspension Links - Different OEM part numbers

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
The other day I was curious how hard it would be to remove the nuts from the rear suspension links and accidentally ripped the boot from the drivers side. After using the allen wrench the nuts came off.

So now I definitely need new links. But figuring out which part number to get is a mess. The problem is that when I look up the part numbers on several GM dealer websites there are at least 4 different part numbers per side. Some are for link kits and other are for just the links for 2002-2005 or 2006-2009. When I look up the links on Rock Auto they only have one part number per side with a picture which seems to look OEM. But it lists it with an incorrect GM part number. All other aftermarket links look nothing like the OEM link. I called Rock Auto and they could not guarantee me but said the part should be as represented. I do not believe them. So all of this leaves me wondering.

Update: Called the dealer and ordered the more expensive link kit. They are about $70 a piece. They did some price matching for me (originally $95 ea.). Basically what they told me is that the more expensive kit is more robust than any of the aftermarket kits such as Moog or Raybestos or any of the ACDelco links. We will see.

Dealer:

Rock Auto:

ACDELCO Part # 45G0255 More Info {#89050182}
Rear Left; 4WD
Rear Left; 2WD
Rear Left Hand

ACDELCO Part # 45G0254 More Info {#89048937}
Rear Right; 4WD
Rear Right; 2WD
Rear Right Hand

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Interesting that there are so many part numbers floating around for things on this platform. I haven't encountered anything like this on any other vehicle I have owned.

Nine different front sprint rates? At least four different rear end links? Seriously?? Great platform (versatile, good looking), over-engineered (vent actuators, anyone?) and hard to work on many things (heater core and vent actuators, maybe?). So, it's one of those double-edged swords...

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Chevy Trailblazer 4X4 Stock Sway Bar Link - Rear (2002-2009) | Chevy Sway Bar Link | Chevy | Suspension MAXX | Suspension MAXX

My recommendation. I don't have the rears, but I do have the fronts, and for the price, these are great. They're a better design, more robust, lifetime warranty, and they're here in michigan. I called them to order mine and they even sent me a pretty nice t-shirt with my front links. When I do the rear suspension, it'll get the rear links too. Let them know you are on the forum here and they'll give you a discount too

Edit: Just saw you are long wheelbase, may want to check with them or maybe others here will know if these fit yours

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I am a stickler for not wanting to pay for something more than once. So I ordered and just picked up the rear links from the dealer. They matched the cheapest price I could find on the Internet. They are OEM factory links with lifetime warranty. $60 a piece (regularly $90). Pretty much the same price as SMaxx if you add up shipping and sales tax because I am from Michigan. Part numbers again:

View attachment 31227

Attachments

• 20131029_230139.jpg
    20131029_230139.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amri

Members Online