Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you can't download the "Crack" ...You will need more than just the CDs to get this Software to Properly Install on your Laptop Windows OS... You'll also require the USB HWK (Hard Ware Key) or "Dongle" as it is often called.. You can spend a few more dollars and get the GM OEM Bosch CDs WITH the Dongle Key at the Second Link shown in this Post, There is also more information and images on HOW the Step By Steps for the TIS2000 SW Installation look via the images found further back in THIS same Thread:

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/new-complete-kit-gymko-gm-tech-ii-scan-tool.17878/post-556060

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just checked and the links work. The one for the crack is more finicky as it makes you wait and a captcha before you can download.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation...

If you have the instructions on what the name of the generated Crack is and you can search for it and locate it on your Hard Drive.... Right Click-Copy-Paste it into your "My Computer" TIS2000 Folders and Sub-Folders... as it will not be a problem to have it appear in several places... as long as the TIS2000 Software and the Tech2 RS-232 COM Port have access to it and can read it on request for "Dongle" confirmation.

I'm NOT a Real Fan of using The Crack ...(for obvious reasons...) as the Direct, Physical USB "HWK" (Hard Ware Key) Interface has worked flawlessly for me and for many others... and since it is available for under $20.00 from AliExpress.com ...it might be your Next, Best Choice for solving the problem. If you decide to make this purchase... it will come with the TIS2000 Software on CDs... but it should NOT be necessary to Re-Install the TIS2000 SW Suite:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TIS...35-432d-b6e5-c7aac9c875e5&transAbTest=ae803_5

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Okay… While setting up all of the various TIS2000 “Hard Ware” Parts and Pieces on an insulated Pad on the top of my Stove (of all places) ...I ran into a particularly troublesome and annoying problem when attempting to “Clone” my New Donor GM P01 PCM-ECM Unit via the combination of the UPS Power Supply, The Dell Precision M65 Laptop, The PCM as mentioned...along with its unique “Power-Serial Data-OBD2” Cable and of course… My Redoubtable “GYMKO” Tech 2 Scanner. As you can see from the attached images... everything necessary was pretty crammed and cramped in that space in order to gather this Gear all together under my watchful eye. It gives a Whole New Meaning to the Expression… “STOVE TOP STUFFING”.

Anyhow… as you can see from the numerous Screen Prints... Everything was going along bouncing and beautifully well… right up until the “Moment of Truth” arrived when I guided my Mouse over the SPS Programming Icon on the Dell Desktop and observed the “Ban Hammer” come down as the Dreaded “E6**” Message that prevented me making any further progress. Many of you already know that I am “Irrationally Superstitious” of Certain Numbers… so you’ll have to draw your own conclusions as to what those *s conceal of it’s “Infernal Identity”...and the reactions I have when things like this happen that give credence to my concerns about such "Numbers". All I can say is… this DID happen and now I’m faced with the dilemma of trying to work through and Figure Out a Decent Fix... as I'd rather like to avoid "Bricking" a Nice New, Virgin PCM-ECM in the offing.

Now, I don’t know whether this happened because I installed the “Glowing” USB HWK (Hard Ware Key) prematurely… or whether or not that there was a problem with the TIS2000 Installation or NOT. Or… Was it because I had AVAST AVSW Running and a FIREWALL invoked? I don’t know... But things went downhill pretty fast from there on as soon as I decided to “uninstall” the TIS2000 Suite. This is because ... as it turns out… I was unable to locate any “Uninstall” Application anywhere in the entire “Mouse’s Maze” that made up the TIS2000 SW that accompanies every single Windows Based Application I've ever worked on, going back to the Early 8086-8088 Programming Days. Yet...’neath the Skin of this Windows XP Professional OS…. A TIS2000 COSIDS Application had been placed there and in hiding and it was STILL busily working away and doing... God Only Knows What Kind of Mischief…!

IMG_2113.jpgIMG_2114.jpgIMG_2115.jpgIMG_2116.jpgIMG_2117.jpgIMG_2118.jpgIMG_2121.jpgIMG_2122.jpgIMG_2123.jpgIMG_2124.jpgIMG_2125.jpgIMG_2126.jpgIMG_2129.jpgIMG_2130.jpgIMG_2132.jpg
IMG_2133.jpgIMG_2135.jpgIMG_2136.jpgIMG_2119.jpgIMG_2127.jpg

Undaunted… I simply visited each Folder and Sub-Folder and merrily deleted every last scrap of the TIS2000 Software that I could find. Then after performing a perfunctory “Re-Boot”… I proceeded to attempt to Re-Install the TIS2000 Application Suite directly from my Bosch OEM Factory CD. I note that the Disc has an AUTOEXEC.BAT File that should have allowed me to repeat what I had already accomplished back in 2017 using that very same CD when I first obtained my “GYMKO” Tech 2 Scanner. But in this second go at it …Nothing Happened. A Long, Long wait transpired with the Dell Box showing some slight indications of HD activity on the Hard Drive Monitor “Bulb”… but after that action… Zippo.

So as I stared at the Dell Laptop Screen while providing my Kitchen walls with the resounding and repeated “WTF?”s echoing as they went involuntarily audible, expelled and propelled by my complete and total astonishment. I was stopped Dead in My Tracks by an Error Message that signifies The Mark of The Beast. All of my prior experiences with BSODs going back to the 1980s came flooding back from memories and made me Curse the Linux Mint Operating System too… for spoiling me so very badly over the last 20 or so years by NEVER having to mess around with such problems. I also curse the Linux OS because trying to make TIS2000 work on the Linux Platform is just whole ‘nother Can of Worms that I’d rather not unseal and spill out over all of my Stove Top Gear.

Regardless… I ALWAYS remembered to keep the proper, licensed and valid Windows OS Installation Disks and after visiting my office to dust off the Windows Vault, I retrieved the Original Windows XP Professional SP3 Installation DVDs with the Correct Dell M65 Drivers on an Old Thumb Drive and by around 05:30 AM today,I finished installing the OS with nothing in the way of glitches, system crashes, hangups or any BSOD problems to contend with.

This is the part where I decided to pull a “Halt...and Catch Fire” in order to figure out what went wrong yesterday that FUBARed what I was trying to do and hopefully not repeat those mistakes during my Next Attempt at making a Fresh Installation of the GM OEM Bosch TIS2000 Software via the WIN XP Pro SP3 OS on the Dell Box. I’m all ears if anyone knows right off hand “What The Hell Went Wrong…?”

I’ve already taken the time to very carefully peruse the Main Threads created by @Mooseman over at the TECH2 Forum covering his successful TIS2000 Installation experiences and “How-To-Use...” information resources he gleaned from over at the Saab Site years ago. I’ve already Downloaded the two Prime GMTIS2000NAO.7z Compressed Files which include the Three TIS2000 Installation Disks. and grabbed the “Dongle Crack” *.7z File as well as the Web Page Instructions from the Main Page sourcing this solution. But before I get to the point of trying to resort to using THAT Alternative “Cracked” Installation Technique ( or using @southsidesmoka ‘s Third Solution) I’d really like to know Why Things Failed.

This is especially important since I was following what can only be described as “The Official Factory Authorized Procedures for installing TIS2000 with the use of an Approved and Functioning USB “HWK” Hard Ware Key to handle the Security and Access Issues”. Bear in mind that Ive so many other sub-Project activities to contend with right now that I'm fairly certain that the Earth won’t Shift Off of its Axis of Rotation If I don’t solve this issue right away.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Mooseman... If you think as I do that these two YT Videos are a Perfect Match for your Original Post #1 Instructions as to How the TIS2000 Installation should look at every phase for BOTH the one that uses a Dongle and one that does NOT... I would not be heartbroken if you attached them to your Original Post...and deleted this Post afterwards. They seem like such a compliment to what you wrote to steer everyone on the Right Track:

GM NAO Installation on Windows XP Professional WITH a USB HWK “Dongle”:

GM NAO Installation on Windows XP Professional WITHOUT a USB HWK “Dongle” :

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
Ok guys, I had some sort of screw up. I installed it, the tis 2000 wouldnt work, indefinate loading, causing the comp to freeze, so i uninstalled everything, start over. well i go back to do the dongle install, and I have no BIN folder i did before, but not now.

There is only 4 things in the folder now. a folder labeled "INSTALL", "cosids.cfg", "LogTbi.txt", "LogUpd1.txt" that's it, I didn't delete anything that I'm aware of.

The files from the dongle folder are still in the c:\WINDOWS\system32

I am using an odler windows xp laptop, Dell D630 with windows xp professional

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Do you have the Original Bosch Vetronix (2) Disk Set meant to work with the actual USB HWK (Dongle) ... or the Latest (3) Disk Set on hand that has the "Dongle Crack" on the Third Disc?

Reactions: duramaxak

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
I bought mine from Sico tools, it has 2 disks, one i believe is pdf's, the other is tis 2000, no dongle or dongle crack that i know of.

I used the links from this thread to download the software and dongle crack.

my largest concern is that the bin file has disappeared

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Give me a minute to fire up my Old Laptop and I'll look over the Windows Sub-Directories and tell what each one should have. Be right back...

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Sorry for the Delay... These things always take longer to do than you think...

Okay... Usually... There is an Updated (3) Disc Set that follows an Installation pattern with these Orders of Operation:

(1) The FIRST Disc gets installed. Then immediately AFTER Starting the TIS2000 Program from the Desk Top Icon... the TIS2000 Software prompts the User to "Install the Second (Update) CD"... into the Disc Drive.

(2) After Swapping the FIRST Disc for the SECOND Disc and allowing the Updating Procedures to proceed, it will take a few minutes to Wipe Out the Old R-Base Files and then install the Very Latest Software Updates. If you get any kind of Error Message on Screen...Ignore it and Press the <E> Enter Key. The SECOND CD Will Continue to Update.

(3) Then the User removes the Second Disc and WITHOUT FURTHER PROMPTING ...after installing the THIRD Disc into the Drive, The User should open the Directory on it and look for the "Dongle Crack Installation Instructions". There will only be Two Files on the THIRD Disc (a) The Crack Install Instructions and (b) The LATEST Dongle Crack called:

SuperPro.DLL

CosidsBinSubDirectory.jpgSuperProDLL.jpgSuperProDLLInfo.jpg

(4) The idea is for you to FIRST Locate the Old SuperPro.DLL as shown in the above Screen Prints along with its associated Text Identity file just called SuperPro in the Cosids/BIN Sub Directory and then... DELETE THEM BOTH. DO NOT COPY OVER THOSE FILES. Then just Copy ONLY the NEW SuperPro.DLL File from the THIRD Disc... right over into the Windows TIS2000 Cosids/BIN Sub-Directory.

NOTE:

If the "Dongle Crack" Instructions on the THIRD Disc directs you to Install the New SuperPro.DLL into OTHER Sub-Directories ...then do it THAT way. The Important thing is to locate EXACTLY where any other copies of the Old SuperPro.DLL might be residing ...and Get Rid of them ALL ...FIRST...THEN Copy over the New Version to the correct Directory/Sub-Directory 'as Instructed'.

(5) Then Close all Sub-Directories and Click on the TIS2000 Desktop Icon. The Program should RUN and ...assuming that you have already Hooked Up your Tech 2 Scanner properly for Serial Port Communications ... The TIS2000 App "Dongle Crack" (SuperPro.DLL) should be able to give you access to the SPS Programming and other Options for TIS2000 Software to work through your Tech 2 Scanner. There will be No Further Need for the PHYSICAL USB "HWK "(Hard Ware Key) AKA "Dongle"...so if you HAVE One Handy... DO NOT PLUG IT IN.

That should Do it.

Last edited:

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
Sorry for the Delay... These things always take longer to do than you think...

Okay... Usually... There is an Updated (3) Disc Set that follows an Installation pattern with these Orders of Operation:

(1) The FIRST Disc gets installed. Then immediately AFTER Starting the the TIS2000 Program from the Desk Top Icon... the TIS2000 Software prompts the User to "Install the Second (Update) CD"... into the Disc Drive.

(2) After Swapping the FIRST Disc for the SECOND Disc and allowing the Updating Procedures to proceed, it will take a few minutes to Wipe Out the Old R-Base Files and then install the Very Latest Software Updates.

(3) Then the User removes the Second Disc and WITHOUT FURTHER PROMPTING ...after installing the THIRD Disc into the Drive, The User should open the Directory on it and look for the "Dongle Crack Installation Instructions". There will only be Two Files on the THIRD Disc (a) The Crack Install Instructions and (b) The LATEST Dongle Crack called:

SuperPro.DLL

View attachment 93241View attachment 93244View attachment 93242

(4) The idea is for you to FIRST Locate the Old SuperPro.DLL as shown in the above Screen Prints along with its associated Text Identity file just called SuperPro in the Cosids/BIN Sub Directory and then... DELETE THEM BOTH. DO NOT COPY OVER THOSE FILES. Then just Copy ONLY the NEW SuperPro.DLL File from the THIRD Disc... right over into the Windows TIS2000 Cosids/BIN Sub-Directory.

(5) Then Close all Sub-Directories and Click on the TIS2000 Desktop Icon. The Program should RUN and ...assuming that you have already Hooked Up your Tech 2 Scanner properly for Serial Port Communications ... The TIS2000 App "Dongle Crack" (SuperPro.DLL) should be able to give you access to the SPS Programming and other Options for TIS2000 Software to work through your Tech 2 Scanner. There will be No Further Need for the PHYSICAL USB "HWK "(Hard Ware Key) AKA "Dongle"...so if you HAVE One Handy... DO NOT PLUG IT IN.

That should Do it.

ok, im going ot start with, i cant even begin to tell you how lost i am on all of that ^^^. I am at work now, when i get home ill see how many disks i have now.

I am also going to re read this thread and look for those files youre showing me.

just to make sure were on the same page, I used the links from the post number 1, and followed the video from post #48.

I may have messed this up beyond repair haha

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It will be fine... YOU will be fine. My suggestions are for You to do things this way if possible:

(1) Download the Three CD Disks (One at Time) and BURN them on New CDs in consecutive order.

(2) Download and Watch the "No Dongle" Installation Video at 1/2 Speed about 3 or 4 Times until you feel comfortable with the processes.

(3) Take your Windows XP Pro Laptop OFF LINE and Shut Down your Fire Wall and Anti-Virus Software... AFTER Ensuring that you have ALL Windows XP Updates Completely Installed.

(4) Download the "BELARC ADVISOR" Free APP to diagnose your Machine. If anything important is MISSING of any Windows Updates Nature for SP 1,2-3 ... The Belarc Advisor WILL Identify them.

(5) Don't Start this process over again without being fully rested and having 'Plenty of Time To Play...".

We have successfully UNFUBAR'd many a Member here at GMT Nation, Brother... So... Do NOT Despair!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
One Last Suggestion...

If you have the Patience to wait for the Delivery... THIS is the (3) Disc Set that varies from most of the others...and follows precisely what I posted above. It costs around $12.00 and like pretty much everything else in the world that we buy...it comes from China. FWIW... If nothing else works with the Dual Disk Set you have... THIS (3) Disc Set WILL do the Trick:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just one thing I remembered from my install years ago. Install Windows XP without any updates and then install Tis2000. On my particular laptop, after installing a myriad of updates for XP, Tis2000 would not start. Just make sure you have working drivers for all of the internal devices and peripherals.

We have to remember, XP is 20 years old!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Just one thing I remembered from my install years ago. Install Windows XP without any updates and then install Tis2000. On my particular laptop, after installing a myriad of updates for XP, Tis2000 would not start. Just make sure you have working drivers for all of the internal devices and peripherals.

Just under 17 years old. I think you lost track.

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
Thanks for all the suggestions, I had a knee jerk and have already ordered a tis2000 that comes with a physical dongle, prior to MRRSM's post. for 12$ i may order that too. My frustration level with this is pretty high, this isn't my first go around with this, I've had the tech 2 for a couple months, and put it on the back burner for a bit, bought an older laptop with xp tried it again, no go, then i came here.

I worked at the GM dealership here in 2006-2007 and have done a lot of programming etc with them, but we never had to set the computer/program up. The main reason i got this set up is because i don't like dealing with my local dealership.

I dug up my discs and will try them a bit tonight and see what happens. I'm not sure if my windows xp has all of its updates? id guess so? i bought the computer off ebay and it was wiped and had windows reinstalled. i have the windows key on the bottom of the lap top but no disc

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska

Just under 17 years old. I think you lost track.

I get it, I'm getting old, I don't need you guys or Windows XP reminding me lol

I think i was in my freshman year of HS when I got a computer and updated it from 98 to xp, back on the 56k dial up:celebrate:

Again, thanks for all the help, I will keep you guys posted on if it works or not

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
Tried the disc i have tonight, found a file labeled "HWKkey" copied that to a USB drive, selected usb key on the install, and...it still didn't work. I going to take a couple days away from it and come back to it

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So what's it doing? Does the program start at all or just hangs up on the missing key?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I get it, I'm getting old, I don't need you guys or Windows XP reminding me lol

I think i was in my freshman year of HS when I got a computer and updated it from 98 to xp, back on the 56k dial up:celebrate:

Again, thanks for all the help, I will keep you guys posted on if it works or not
With what you said you are just a kid.

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
So what's it doing? Does the program start at all or just hangs up on the missing key?

sorry, i missed this post earlier. the very first time, it says something along the lines of " you do not have access to the server" then goes to infinite hourglass spinning. if i close th eprogram and start again, it just does the infinite hour glass

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep, sounds like a dongle issue or the crack isn't installed properly if it's searching for the server.

syc0path

Jan 29, 2020
Ann Arbor, MI
sorry, i missed this post earlier. the very first time, it says something along the lines of " you do not have access to the server" then goes to infinite hourglass spinning. if i close th eprogram and start again, it just does the infinite hour glass

I'm using southsidesmoka's guide, V1.3, and I'm having the same or a very similar issue.

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
Alright, after a 2 and a half week break from this thing, got the new tis200 with dongle, discs look the same, got it all loaded up, installed etc. and.....IT WORKED!!! i can open sps now with no issues, i haven't actually gotten to reprogramming the driver seat module but soon. The seat switch is reversed, forward is back, down is up etc, i found a document id #PIT3598, doesnt specifymy truck, but its the exact problem im having.

have to be careful, my ecm/tcm has aftermarket tuning, so i don't want to screw this up.

Reactions: Mooseman and mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@duramaxak ... Great News on Solving the TIS2000 SPS Program Installation Issues.

FWIW... Perhaps you can find a Cheap PCM in the Year-Make-Model required depending on the Motor Assembly you decide upon and consider purchasing one as a "Test Bed PCM"and use IT to test out the Hardware -Engine -Transmission set up first. This way, if the problem proves to be within the OEM (New) PCM you intend to use... you can play around with your Tech 2 AND use the TIS2000 - SPS- Laptop to experiment with a few things before committing any unforgivable sins on the one going into the SUV. If you Break the Donor PCM... No Harm Done:

Visit here for a large selection to choose from:

Otherwise, your Best Bet is to consult either with @Kelly@PCMofNC or @limequat via PMs BEFORE using the TIS2000 SPS programming to make any permanent Module Updates, else the Risk is that the PASS-THRU Writes will over-write your present Custom Calibration. If you are only selecting, addressing individual Modules and updating them one at a time in a way that does NOT destroy or alter the Overall Custom Calibration... The only way to ensure this... is to consult "The Experts".

You might have an issue with the Switch Polarity involving the simple reversal of the DC Motor Chair Rail Power and Ground Wire Connectors that will solve that problem. Look over the Wire Diagram for more information on this. There is always the possibility that the Seat Control Modules are side specific to either the (L) or (R) Seats and perhaps someone else installed the wrong one.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unless you actually do try to update the PCM or TCM, you won't overwrite anything in them. I've done the DDM and PDM as well as other modules not related to the PCM/TCM and had no effect on them.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
So how common is this reversed seat position adjustment thing? My Yukon began doing this about the same time the seat heater failed. I've only seen this reversed switch thing spoken of once before. My vertical adjustment works normal, just the forward/back is reversed.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Never heard of it before but I could see it if the DDM/PDM are replaced.

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
So how common is this reversed seat position adjustment thing? My Yukon began doing this about the same time the seat heater failed. I've only seen this reversed switch thing spoken of once before. My vertical adjustment works normal, just the forward/back is reversed.

I attached a copy of the TSB on it, I have no idea how common it is? i have heard of it, but until one day my seats just started doing whatever. ive had the seats out in mine to do seat heater pads, but i will triple check, but i dont think theres a way to reverse the power wires to the motor

Attachments

• seat TSB.jpg
    seat TSB.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 8

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
Ok, circling back around on this, cause holy hell this thing is kicking my butt. Long story short, tis2000 cant/wont make communication with with the tech 2.I am using a serial to usb adapter, I installed drivers etc and should work? I even tried to use the serial port on the back of the laptop.

I checked which usb ports were what through the hardware device manager made sure the right port is where i had the serial adapter plugged in, but still no communication between pc and tech 2.

Anyone have a direction to point me in? would be greatly appreciated, as I do not have enough hair to pull out lol

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Are you using a USB to serial port adapter? If so, the Tech 2 is sensitive to which type it can communicate with (TI or FTDI are good, Prolific is a no-go).

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
Looks like the one I bought has a prolific chip set, so I guess that solves that.....I'll look at one of the other ones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200321-174936_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200321-174936_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 3

duramaxak

Nov 15, 2019
Alaska
was thinking on it again, I also tried hooking the adapter for the tech 2 directly to the computers serial port and had the same thing,but maybe that port doesnt work right?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Please......................> Don't do THAT....!

The Tripplite Model# 19HS USB TO Female R-45 Jack solves the essential problem of Bi-Directional Serial Port Communications:

TRIPPLITEUSA19H.jpgTRIPPLITEUSA19H1.jpg

First.... Boot the Computer to the BIOS Table and check that your Serial Port is set to the "ON" Position. Then you can use your TAN Serial Port to RJ-45 Adapter along with the Short Lead "Loop Back" 4 Pair Plug that came with the "GYMKO" Tech2 by inserting it into the TAN DB9 to RJ-45 Serial Port Jack after screwing it on your Back Plane DB-9 Serial Port on your Laptop. Check in your Windows "Devices" section for the presence of that Serial Port and make a note of its COM Port 1-4, etc. Designation.

Then try using either the Windows TELNET Application or something similar so you can *Ping* an IP Address through that DB-9 Serial Port and confirm serial packet delivery loops back through the Mother Board Serial Port Hardware and affirm that it IS working. Check on Youtube for "How to Check the Serial Port in Windows..." Videos for better Instructions on this procedure.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online