Completed: 2-9-14 Badlands Attica, IN

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I went out for the day with 6 JKs. It was cold and solid ice under the snow, but fun. TB really impressed the people along. Everyone was 35s or 37 inch tires and at least one locker. My tires did amazing and managed every climb first try even when dual lockered rigs were needing a bypass after multiple attempts. I do know the 4.2s power was noticed a couple times and it really did help keep wheel speed when needed. I took very few pics and Jeep guys did not seem to want many of the TB, but here a few.

--For those that have been around Badlands and know the trails. We did the Orange Trail first. All the drops/hills/off-chamber is made even more interesting when frozen. Kinda wished I had my front swaybar hooked while in the little tllted s-turns. Supposedly there is some video, but who knows if it will ever surface.

Went up this hill first try. One of 3 of 7 to do it first try.

Up

UP

and Over

Actually made me happy to have the Radflo as there was a 10-12 inch bump at the bottom that hit hard and if you did not hit it about 15 mph, you did not make it. Guess the tires caught some air but I have not seen a pic yet.

Trails were pretty but treacherous and controlled slides were necessary.

Couple random pics from a buddy's cabin we stayed at the night before. All hand built with native wood. No electric, just lanterns, woodstove, and a rain barrel for water.

View from loft when you wake up

Reactions: dmanns67

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
Nice..!!

I know that Orange Trail well, and that hill in your first pic in particular. In normal decent weather it can be quite a boggy mudfest, and can challenge a more than a few folks to get up first time.

I need to get out there again sometime this year....

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Reactions: dmanns67

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
That cabin is what I picture myself moving to when the overwhelming pressure from society becomes too much. That whole trip looks like so much fun.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online