Common Sense Gun items

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
And here I thought we might actually have a discussion about public violence that didn't drag out UNTRUE stereotypes about politics amd gun ownership.

Keep the L- and C- words out of this and the thread may have a bit of life left in it. I'm beginning to doubt it, though.

A great phrase about the futility of pretending to discuss something when one's agenda is persuasion is:

When somebody gets it, no argument is necessary. When they don't no argument is going to be enough.

Reactions: triz

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
So let me ask you would any of the laws you propose have stopped any of the school shootings? Simple question. My thoughts maybe 2. of them.

Secondly let's take the mental background check. Let's say my wife and I go to a psychiatrist because we are having marital issues, nothing serious like adultery, more like we just think the spark has gone and we would like some help. OK so I am a avid hunter or an avid range guy and I have been saving for a new gun. Again nothing fancy but something to shoot the ducks out of the sky with. Do I, someone who has never broken any federal law, but am going to see a shrink to help save my marriage, get to purchase this gun? What if I was a war Veteran and was seeing one for PTSD? What if at one time I felt suicidal but no longer do?

Again just some simple questions that I would like you and everyone else who brings up these issues to look at.

Reactions: triz and RayGumm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShowMeStL

Members Online