Colorado/Canyon headlights aimed way too high

SBUBandit

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Anyone else notice the Colorado/Canyon come from the factory with their headlights aimed way too high. I can pick out one of those trucks from a mile or better at night, cause they always appear to have their highs on, but God forbid you flash them, cause its actually their low beams aimed too high. And we all know that 90% of people will never check something simple like that, so they just drive around blinding everyone.

2010 CamaroSS

Dec 5, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Anyone else notice the Colorado/Canyon come from the factory with their headlights aimed way too high. I can pick out one of those trucks from a mile or better at night, cause they always appear to have their highs on, but God forbid you flash them, cause its actually their low beams aimed too high. And we all know that 90% of people will never check something simple like that, so they just drive around blinding everyone.

Yes. If you go to The Nation's Premier Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum you'll see this has been thoroughly discussed. When I had my Colorado, I replaced the stock housings for a set of the Eagle Eye halo housings. Even with those, I had to lower the low beams all the way down just so I wasn't shining my low beams into the trees.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ive noticed this as well.. especially in the base model rado's.. however, my dad has an '06 Z71 crew cab, and i dont notice this happening in his when im in front of him or passing by on a street.. wonder if its hit or miss like mechanical issues with other vehicles...

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
I bought my Colorado when they first came out in '04, then drove it for almost 7 years....I never had any problems with my headlights being too high? Never had people flashing me...nothing.

Even all the 355's I see now, I've never noticed them having brighter lights.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
JosueLT said:
I bought my Colorado when they first came out in '04, then drove it for almost 7 years....I never had any problems with my headlights being too high? Never had people flashing me...nothing.

Even all the 355's I see now, I've never noticed them having brighter lights.

maybe i notice it more now (and in every other vehicle for that matter) since im so low to the ground now driving my winter car :confused:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online