coil pack failures

signalnc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
I've had 3 coil packs go bad since Christmas, the last one being monday morning. Seems like they are dying off one by one. Not sure if it's just age-2003 with 130k- or if something with the plugs is killing them. I've heard that too much of a gap is bad for them. I put the autolite double platinums in back in Late December after the first coil pack went bad. I gapped them at .043. Anyone know if there is a history of this happening?
I went ahead and purchased ac delco 41-103's today along with 3 more coil packs. Going to install them either today or tomorrow.

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
signalnc said:
I've had 3 coil packs go bad since Christmas, the last one being monday morning. Seems like they are dying off one by one. Not sure if it's just age-2003 with 130k- or if something with the plugs is killing them. I've heard that too much of a gap is bad for them. I put the autolite double platinums in back in Late December after the first coil pack went bad. I gapped them at .043. Anyone know if there is a history of this happening?
I went ahead and purchased ac delco 41-103's today along with 3 more coil packs. Going to install them either today or tomorrow.

Probably related to non AC plugs/plug gap, don't gap the new Iridium ones, there are so fragile and factory gapped. Check for damage and approximate gap but don't use any gauge in the gap. Any incorrectly gapped plug should be exchanged for a new one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online