Code readers?

MrGiggles

Original poster
Jan 23, 2019
USA
I'm looking for a code reader I can save up and get that can do things like relearn for throttle body, monitor cylinder, abs and other features that will not break mt wallet can't afford a $3,000+ reader.

Any suggestion of affordable reader I just work on my 2005 Trialblazer and my wife's 2013 Nissan Juke?

When looking at readers how do you know if it has relearn features?

She loves that ugly Juke but she call my Trailblazer ugly to! lol

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
It needs to have bi-directional communication features to do a re-learn. It would probably be easier on your wallet to pull the fuses that control your pcm for 30 minutes or so.

MrGiggles

Original poster
Jan 23, 2019
USA
It needs to have bi-directional communication features to do a re-learn. It would probably be easier on your wallet to pull the fuses that control your pcm for 30 minutes or so.

Sounds like your correct after I looked bi-directional scan tools wow.

I think I will follow your advice
Thank you

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could find an ELM 327 Bluetooth or WiFi OBD adapter and use Torque for PCM related monitoring. All you'll be able to do is erase codes.

For ABS and other modules, the only app that I know of is Car Gauge Pro and as far as I know, that works only on GM for these. And it can only read codes.

However, @TJBaker57 is currently working on additional PIDs for Torque and may eventually be able to add some for these other modules, again, only to read though.

MrGiggles

Original poster
Jan 23, 2019
USA
You could find an ELM 327 Bluetooth or WiFi OBD adapter and use Torque for PCM related monitoring. All you'll be able to do is erase codes.

For ABS and other modules, the only app that I know of is Car Gauge Pro and as far as I know, that works only on GM for these. And it can only read codes.

However, @TJBaker57 is currently working on additional PIDs for Torque and may eventually be able to add some for these other modules, again, only to read though.

Thank you everyone's feedback helps me out!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have the TOPDON Elite Code scanner. It does ABS and SRS. It can read, and erase codes for Engine, ABS and the SRS. It also does livefeed for the sensors that the ECM allows. It also shows the readiness for the emission related devices.

I bought it from Amazon for 99 bucks shipped.
Amazon link

MrGiggles

Original poster
Jan 23, 2019
USA
I have the TOPDON Elite Code scanner. It does ABS and SRS. It can read, and erase codes for Engine, ABS and the SRS. It also does livefeed for the sensors that the ECM allows. It also shows the readiness for the emission related devices.

I bought it from Amazon for 99 bucks shipped.
Amazon link
That's not a bad price I'm going to check it out. Thank out

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.