Code P1345 Chevy Trailblazer - how to clear

krajef

Original poster
Jul 8, 2013
Hi

My check engine light has been on for several years. Earlier when I had this covered under the extended warranty, the dealer sais that the check engin light was on due to an accuator problemand that GM would not allow them tp change it until they tried something. This happened 6 months after I took it back to the dealer same thing. They didn't change what was causing the check engine light from throwing they just adjusted something and I was off until finally my car was out of warranty and the light came back on and for four years now my check engin light remanis on.

I'm tired of looking at it. I went to autozone and they tell me the one code that is shownig is a "P1345 Camshaft to crankshaft position correlation fault"

My Trailblazer runs fine, no rough idle, starts easy, runs smoothe, just don't know what I need to do to clear this. I'm willing to replace the cam and crank sensors on the top and the front of the motor but I'd like to ask if anyone has experience with this and what they did to clear the service engine light.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
P1345 has shown up in other posts around here. There's a bunch of different reasons this has shown up over even the time I've been here, perhaps having a look around at other P1345-related threads and seeing what they did to fix it would help point you in the right direction before just throwing parts at it (I mean that's doable, but we like to try saving people money when we can).

stvrob

May 28, 2014
Do you have the original pcm? If it is a replacement pcm, It might be possible that the CASE relearn procedure needs to be done. Please verify with someone who knows what they are doing though, that certainly wouldnt be me.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Not unusual that GM would try to stonewall you, but it's not legal for them to deny warranty coverage just because they allowed it to go unfixed until you were out of warranty. If you REPORTED it before the warranty was up, they owe you a fix.

Except for this little matter of allowing them to win for four years.

Anyway, I'd be throwing in a new CPAS at the same time as the cam sensor. Usually no need for a crank sensor, and changing that or the PCM is what triggers a need for a CASE relearn procedure. I don't recall that a deferred CASE relearn throws this code, but I paid my local independent GM mechanic $25 to use his Tech II tool to do mine when I needed one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.