NEED HELP Code P0410, but no air injection system???

cachestalker

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
I have a unique problem. My son just bought a 2005 Trailblazer EXT LT that runs and looks great for it's age, but it has a SES light on with code P0410. I have found numerous forum posts about how the air injection solenoid or the air pump are the problem, but here is my issue, this truck doesn't have any of those parts. There isn't an air pump, solenoid or hoses to connect them. There aren't any fuses or relays or wiring for the system in the fuse block and unless someone put in a ton of work to make sure there was no trace of any of the system parts, it appears that it came that way from the factory.

My question is, is there anything else that would set that code??? Maybe an O2 sensor or MAP sensor, anything??? We have emission testing in the county that I live in so I have to get the light off to register it.

Thanks in advance for any info...

P.S. - The previous owner changed the instrument cluster with a salvage yard cluster that isn't actually for this vehicle (doesn't have the DIC feature). Could that cause a false check engine light?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I see one of two possibilities. Either the PO removed it completely but didn't get the codes removed from the PCM with a tune or it didn't come with the SAIS but the PCM was replaced with one from a truck that did.

2005 all I6 had the SAIS. Are you sure you're looking for the right thing? This thread talks about it and same year too.
https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/help-with-code-p0410-on-a-2005-trailblazer.9411/

cachestalker

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
I can't find any evidence that anything has been changed in the engine compartment, everything looks original. I have an '04 Buick Rainier that has the system, so I'm pretty confident that I'm looking for the right parts.

It's really weird, there isn't a single trace of a secondary air injection system. No air pump, no air solenoid valve (only a block off plate where the valve should be), no hoses, no fuses, relays or wiring in the fuse block and no fitting for a hose on the bottom of the tube between the air filter housing and the throttle body. I don't even see any scratches on the frame under the driver's door where an air pump would have been mounted. Seems like a lot of work to remove wiring from the fuse block. I'm totally at a loss...

I didn't think to check the PCM to see if it has been changed. I will do that as soon as he gets home.

Thanks for your feedback...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Unless you can read the VIN in the PCM, I don't know if you'll be able to tell. Maybe there will be some paint markings from a yard or something.

cachestalker

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
Yeah, that's how I figured the instrument cluster is wrong... It has paint markings on it.

Just trying to figure out if there were any others that don't have the SAIS. I've never come across one before.

Thanks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
AFAIK, all 2004+ I6 had the SAIS. Maybe the wiring harness swapped with an older one? Maybe the engine along with it? It is a strange mystery.

cachestalker

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
:iagree:

Maybe this will teach the kid to do a better check before buying. :dunce:

Hopefully, we can figure it out without spending an arm and a leg.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At worse, just get a tune to kill the SAIS codes. $99 at limeswap.com. Performance upgrades optional but I wouldn't take out the speed limit :biggrin:

mntegra01

Mar 26, 2018
Virginia
Could call a dealer and give VIN, they can tell you if it had the A.I.R. pump and valve in it or not from factory as it left the plant by the RPO codes.

cachestalker

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
My father passed away, so I've been out of the loop for a little while, but I've decided to just get a tune and call it a day... Is there anywhere in the Nashville, Tn area that can be recommended? All I want is to take the AIR system code out so the SES light will go off, don't really need any performance upgrades. If not I will send it off to lime-swap...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There is lime-swap.com that does it for $99 shipping included. If you can't be without the truck running, while it's out, he has a loaner program too. He's also a member here (@limequat ). I've used him lots of times, great service. There's also other stuff you should get done at the same time but at a very minimum, get the fan codes turned off so you can use a thermal fan clutch instead of the failure prone electro-viscous clutch. Same price.

Reactions: snoozer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online