Code B0790

drifter13

Original poster
Dec 16, 2014
Took my vehicle in to get code read at first when I turn on the fan motor switch, I get the ABS, BRAKE and 4WD lights come on. It cleared all lights off unless turn switch on, checked brakes and front wheel speed sensors, going to take a look at transfer case sensor and rear axle sensor also check wiring see if a connector is loose. Any help to clear this problem is appreciated. When code read was told had these codes in my history C0055, U1000, U1041, C0379. Cleaned the service on frame for the ground wire under the driver side door. Vehicle runs good

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
DTC B0790
Circuit Description
The neutral indicator circuit consists of an ignition 3 voltage circuit and a neutral indicator control circuit. When the neutral mode is selected, current is supplied to the neutral indicator by the ignition 3 voltage circuit, traveling through the neutral indicator LED, at which time the transfer case shift control module supplies the ground through the neutral indicator control circuit. This DTC detects an open, short to ground or a short to voltage.

DTC Descriptor
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:
DTC B0790 Transfer Case Neutral Indicator Circuit Malfunction

Conditions for Running the DTC
  • The ignition is ON.
  • System voltage is 9 - 18 volts .
Conditions for Setting the DTC
  • The system monitors the voltage on the neutral indicator control circuit.
  • If the system detects a voltage of 3 volts or less for 1.5 seconds when the neutral indicator is not commanded, the DTC is logged.
  • If the system detects a voltage of 4.5 volts or greater when the neutral indicator is commanded, the DTC is logged.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The SERVICE 4WD indicator remains illuminated for the remainder of the current ignition cycle.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
  • The transfer case shift control module clears the DTC if the condition for setting the DTC is not currently present.
  • A history DTC clears after 100 consecutive ignition cycles without a fault present.
  • History DTCs can be cleared using a scan tool.
Those history codes do appear to be related to the EBCM, cleaning the ground may have been the right step. 1041 is specifically a communication issue with the EBCM, the other ones are chassis codes which involve the EBCM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.