cluster years?

coolasice

Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
are all clusters interchangeable through all years or are there differences? on eBay they are broken up by 02-05 and 06-09... any ideas?

coolasice

Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
nobody? I know they changed eeprom between years, but are they still compatible?

jonbo2002

Sep 27, 2012
yes you will need 06-09 also there are 2 different interchanges if you have DIC. It's probably just computer differences.

coolasice

Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
jonbo2002 said:
yes you will need 06-09 also there are 2 different interchanges if you have DIC. It's probably just computer differences.

I'm looking to add DIC to my truck, what do you mean by "2 different interchanges if you have DIC"?

jonbo2002

Sep 27, 2012
coolasice said:
I'm looking to add DIC to my truck, what do you mean by "2 different interchanges if you have DIC"?

there is 2 different speedos for DIC so if you are switching to it I don't know if that will matter. There are other people on here that have switched and have the experience with this to help you.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
"Interchange" is the term used at junkyards/auto recyclers for swappable/interchangeable parts. Also used at parts vendors like Rockauto for GM part numbers that are backwards compatible (superseded) or swappable.

coolasice

Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
the roadie said:
"Interchange" is the term used at junkyards/auto recyclers for swappable/interchangeable parts. Also used at parts vendors like Rockauto for GM part numbers that are backwards compatible (superseded) or swappable.

I know what interchange is, I just was not aware there were two for the dic clusters

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher