cluster light size

havie22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
hello i was looking and didnt find a post! i just want to know what size leds i need to order for my envoys cluster?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
havie22 said:
hello i was looking and didnt find a post! i just want to know what size leds i need to order for my envoys cluster?

5mm seems to be the popular size of choice

havie22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
do i have to do any welding or do they sell a direct fit?:smile:

havie22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
havie22 said:
do i have to do any welding or do they sell a direct fit?:smile:

sorry i mean soldering! any links?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You will need to know your way around a soldering iron. The stock bulbs are soldered to the cluster's board, so you'll have to desolder those. Then you'll have to figure out the resistance needed for whichever LEDs you choose, they are NOT plug and play, then solder those back in. I am planning to do a write up on this maybe next weekend as the polarity assignments for the contact pads are different between DIC clusters and non DIC clusters.

havie22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
oh great! so ill wait for it! im not in a rush for that now!im just waiting to get my leds for the inside my friend ordered them they may be here sometime next week too!:thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Blckshdw said:
You will need to know your way around a soldering iron. The stock bulbs are soldered to the cluster's board, so you'll have to desolder those. Then you'll have to figure out the resistance needed for whichever LEDs you choose, they are NOT plug and play, then solder those back in. I am planning to do a write up on this maybe next weekend as the polarity assignments for the contact pads are different between DIC clusters and non DIC clusters.

that would be awesome :yes::biggrin:

Blacktrails

Dec 8, 2011
When you purchase the LEDs, try to buy the widest beam pattern possible. If they are to narrow, you will have significant "hot spots".

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online