NEED HELP Cluster , hvac steering wheel Controls

Dmartinez_ss

Original poster
May 14, 2018
Modesto California
My 06 TBSS Cluster , hvac & steering wheel controls wont light up .
I swapped them over to my friends SS & they do light up there but not on mine anyone have idea what can cause this ?

Only lights that work are from the radio & door switches
Thank you

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:tiphat: Welcome to the forum!

So your headlight control module, HVAC, rear wiper switch don't light up either? My first suspicion is that something shorted the illumination circuit and popped the fuse in the rear block, but I believe the door modules and radio use that circuit to light up as well when the parking lights come on.

Did you have any work/mods done to your truck just before this problem popped up? The more info you can share, the better advice we can give you.

Reactions: djthumper

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And there's the manuals that have he schematics. Link in my signature.

Dmartinez_ss

Original poster
May 14, 2018
Modesto California
:tiphat: Welcome to the forum!

So your headlight control module, HVAC, rear wiper switch don't light up either? My first suspicion is that something shorted the illumination circuit and popped the fuse in the rear block, but I believe the door modules and radio use that circuit to light up as well when the parking lights come on.

Did you have any work/mods done to your truck just before this problem popped up? The more info you can share, the better advice we can give you.

I bought the truck like this. i thought it would of been a simple fix like a blown fuse but i checked mostly all of them & there good

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I bought the truck like this. i thought it would of been a simple fix like a blown fuse but i checked mostly all of them & there good
That would have been some good information in the first post. Did you happen to test out the dash from the other TB while it was out?

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
the next place to check would be the schematic to see how the "working" and "non-working" circuits are energized.... go from there. Quite likely since the unit works in another truck, your truck has a broken power wire.... possibly at a common splice.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher