Cluster gauge issues after replacing body parts (not human parts)

PonokaTB

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Hi all, this has probly been discussed before, but here goes. Workin on my 2 roll over TB to 1 project. Before I started the work my tach gauge did not work. After replacing fender, hood and door, all the gauges but temp, stopped working. I know the tach was probly a stepper motor, but would the rest of the steppers stop working all of a sudden? I just replaced the battery ( getting bad ). That didn't help, checked all the grounds under hood, all good. Any suggestions. I will post pics of the project when I get the gauges working.:confused:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The panel area grounds are at the bottom of the radio stack, passenger side, slightly hidden by carpet. Pics have been recently posted in another thread about grounding. Maybe it got jostled.

PonokaTB

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Thanks Roadie, I'll check them first. Is it likely all steppers when at the same time? (please say no). If so I have another cluster with DIC from the other TB.

PonokaTB

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Gotta put my project on hold. The front left half shaft keeps popping out.I had trouble gettin the bearing preload nut tight enough for the shaft to engage all the way. To cold to work on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove