Climate control unit

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
I have a 2002 TB LS with this climate control unit.....

View attachment 21643

I hate it! I want to switch to this unit....

View attachment 21644

Has anyone made a change like this? Or does anyone know if it's plug an play or are the rear harnesses totally different? I have seen these in the 2002 LT.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 78

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
IIRC, they are not P&P.
There are sensors that need to be added.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:
IIRC, they are not P&P.
There are sensors that need to be added.

:iagree: And additional wiring...a lot of digital wiring. At the OS years ago, someone was quoted $7k from the dealer to change from non-climate control to climate control. Besides, the system you have uses vacuum to change from defrost to face to feet etc and the climate control system used actuators.

As I saw in the post from the OS, the conclusion is, many have asked, none have tried.

rmsg0040

Dec 10, 2011
It has been done before by a guy on the OS, met him in person. He told me it was a pain to do and he's an electrician.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Matt said:
...Besides, the system you have uses vacuum to change from defrost to face to feet etc and the climate control system used actuators....
Ummmmm, no. :no: Who told you that fib?

BOTH systems use the identical five electrical actuators and mechanical parts. The blower control is different (solid state smooth speed control versus the 5-discrete speed resistor pack), and there are many additional sensors in the cabin and dash and plenums. But the theory of operation of the actuators is the same.

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
well ill suck it up and live with it I guess. :hissyfit:

Thanks for all the info.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
the roadie said:
Ummmmm, no. :no: Who told you that fib?

BOTH systems use the identical five electrical actuators and mechanical parts. The blower control is different (solid state smooth speed control versus the 5-discrete speed resistor pack), and there are many additional sensors in the cabin and dash and plenums. But the theory of operation of the actuators is the same.

OK...just taking off some info on the OS from 2005. Should have verified first. :banghead:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Matt said:
OK...just taking off some info on the OS from 2005. Should have verified first. :banghead:
Got it. I used to see confusion like that on trailvoy a few times a month, and either post a correction, or sometimes edit the original post to make SURE misinformation had a very short life and didn't infect anybody to live on. Sorry I missed that tidbit....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online