Clicking rear actuator

'03EXT

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hey all,I got a clicking rear actuator and browsed through the applicable threads, and I came up with a couple of assumptions and I was hoping someone would comment on my assumptions...I am kind of pressed for time lately so I would like to order an actuator from amazon and just go in there one time to fix the issue .. First off the rear mode control works fine as well as the rear blower control. But when I turn the rear temp control knob to the warm end the clicking stops....So assumption #1 is that it is the temp control actuator.....I did not disconnect the battery recently so assumption #2 is that the actuator failed as opposed to it needing to just be recalibrated....In reading the threads I came out with the impression that doing a calibration could stress the other actuators to the point of failure so I really don't want to recalibrate and wind up with a bigger issue. thanks for reading

Royalwapiti

Jul 16, 2012
[QUOTE='03EXT;81749]...So assumption #1 is that it is the temp control actuator.....I did not disconnect the battery recently so assumption #2 is that the actuator failed as opposed to it needing to just be recalibrated....In reading the threads I came out with the impression that doing a calibration could stress the other actuators to the point of failure so I really don't want to recalibrate and wind up with a bigger issue. thanks for reading[/QUOTE]

I think you are spot on. I took my interior side panel off yesterday to make sure it was what I was thinking. On mine the ticking was the one on the side which I believe is the heat blend. Regardless, they are are the same part number. I ordered the ACDelco actuator for $34 from Amazon. Careful pulling the old one off, slowly work at prying it straight up, I read where others have broke the star gear on the blend door.

I think mine started ticking when I was screwing with the front ones, recalibrating them after installing a driver side actuator.

'03EXT

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks for your reply, I am going with my gut so I ordered one on amazon .....I think the mode and the temp actuators are the same part #' but the blower actuator is a different part.....thanks again for your relpy

Ashley

Jul 20, 2012
i'm having the same issues i have located the actuator that was clicking and seen that the 2 back in the rear HVAC area looked exactly the same, mine that was clicking was the one on the side, my question is are they the same part number? I have called everywhere trying to find out what it is called so that i can try to order a part off line and no one seems to know what i am talking about.:undecided:

'03EXT

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I think the temp and the mode actuators are the same part number but the blower actuator is a different part

Royalwapiti

Jul 16, 2012
Ashley said:
So is the side one called the temperature valve acuator?

I don't know the exact name, you can leave the "valve" off, Rear temp blend actuator, Here is what I ordered from Amazon. ACDelco 15-72811 Actuator $34 free shipping. Cheapest i have seen.

Oddly most of the time i get free shipping from Amazon it is here in 2 days from KC, but this time it is shipping from Kentucky and is taking a damn week.

Ashley

Jul 20, 2012
Great! Thanks so much i'll see what i can find tomorrow if its too much more ill do amazon its over 100° here so the faster better :smile:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
This should help visualizing where they all are

rearactuators-orig.jpg

Royalwapiti

Jul 16, 2012
Thanks for the pic Roadie.

I only noticed 2 but irrelevant as I could see and hear the one I needed to replace after taking the cover panel off.

I installed mine on Saturday then put the beast back together. The push in connectors are a drag and want to bend if you don't get them set right when putting the panel back on.

The actuator went right on, it was aligned with the star gear on the blend door when in the cold position. I pulled the HVAC B fuse from under the rear seat behind driver. Let it sit pulled for 10 minutes, put it back in, turned key ignition on and left the controls alone. You can hear the actuators calibrating. Do not mess with the controls during this time. After I was sure they were done (15 minutes) I turned the key off. Done. No more clicking.

I love people like Roadie and the internet!

Thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online