Cleetus McFarland

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Wondering if anyone else views Cleetus McFarland's videos on YT. Presently watching them build their auction Corvette using mostly junkyard LS engines and blowing-up a few along the way.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Yep, he just upgraded the turbo, and is dealing with turbo lag. He's hoping a bump box might correct it. I think he needs bigger manifolds and pipes.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Yep, he just upgraded the turbo, and is dealing with turbo lag. He's hoping a bump box might correct it. I think he needs bigger manifolds and pipes.
Imo, it's just way way too much turbo for that motor. Its rolling over on top not hitting a wall, I think it was just at the limit of the cam/heads at this point. He's using 3 inch pipe, the velocity through it helps with spool too. You could up it to 4 or something with shorties but... I honestly don't think it's going to help too much.

It's cool watching him mess with ruby, hes doing the leg work that everyone else did for Leroy. That's cool to watch.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
They just dyno'd Ruby to over 1000 hp without blowing, yeah pretty cool...

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
It's amazing what a set of mains will do for longevity.

Reactions: northcreek

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I've been watching just for shits and giggles. Only he can pull a JY engine thinking it's a 5.3 and turns out to be a 4.8 and still goes with it. I would have held out for a 6.0. All just for fun.

Reactions: Mounce

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
And it looks like the clutch in the Bald Eagle may be dead..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online