clear front signal bulbs

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
two years ago i put in LED turn signals and put in resistors etc to get them to work . I keep getting the finger from people when i turn LOL
looked at the leds they are are just flickering not really blinking anymore .

Is there a clear bulb i can use ? I only used the led cause it was nice and white and matched my head lights

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
You can do this....

kardain said:
One last caveat: if you get 3157 bulbs for the front due to not being able to find 3757, you will need to shave off the little nubs on the side of the base (circled in red below). 3157 has a wider nub that 3757, other than that they will interchange.

eKZMe.jpg

...and use these.

[EBAY]110795765898[/EBAY]

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Maybe they just plain wore out or weren't that great to begin with. (I don't know) I have white LED indicators/parking lights and they work like a charm.

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Matt said:
Maybe they just plain wore out or weren't that great to begin with. (I don't know) I have white LED indicators/parking lights and they work like a charm.

Which ones you have ? You have a link pic ?

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
You can get "chrome" 3157 bulbs (and a bunch of other lamp types) that illuminate amber on eBay. The won't turn a reflective housing orange the way a true amber bulb will.

nbenjamin

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
strat81 said:
You can get "chrome" 3157 bulbs (and a bunch of other lamp types) that illuminate amber on eBay. The won't turn a reflective housing orange the way a true amber bulb will.

Do they illuminate amber only whwn flashing or just when they are on. I want white all time but will settle for amber when flashing

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
nbenjamin said:
Do they illuminate amber only whwn flashing or just when they are on. I want white all time but will settle for amber when flashing

I'm not sure I understand the question. Whenever the light is on, they look amber. When they're off, they have a chrome/silver color due to the coating on the bulb.

I think the law in the US is that turn signals must be either red or amber. Not sure about Canada. I know people that have received "equipment violation" tickets for replacing signal lamps with blue, purple, and green bulbs.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
nbenjamin said:

Sounds to me like somebody wants to buy some switchbacks! :yes: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
nbenjamin said:
Switchbacks ???

Yes sir. They run white with the parking lights, but flash amber when you activate the turn signals. There are 2 styles. AO (they flash amber-off-amber-off) and AW (they flash amber-white-amber-white) I have the AW style, since I also bought the 194 sized switchbacks which only flash AW style.

These are the 60-60 Ultimate Stealth switchbacks from Autolumination.com. Each LED is a dual color one that can be white or amber, so all of them are always in use. Most others will have a white LED and an amber one next to it, and they switch as needed.

[video=youtube_share;OpDMdxJBRHA]http://youtu.be/OpDMdxJBRHA[/video]

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
nbenjamin said:
Which ones you have ? You have a link pic ?

Mine are special...no pun intended. I've got a very rare SRCK socket in the front park/indicator for some reason. They wouldn't work in yours.

But you can get white switchbacks that will work just fine. Go to auto illumination.com or vleds.com and look for at what they have.

Also, the law in regards to your front lights depends on which state you are in. In Ohio I can have white indicators.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Matt said:
Mine are special...no pun intended. I've got a very rare SRCK socket in the front park/indicator for some reason. They wouldn't work in yours.

But you can get white switchbacks that will work just fine. Go to auto illumination.com or vleds.com and look for at what they have.

Also, the law in regards to your front lights depends on which state you are in. In Ohio I can have white indicators.

I have the Switchbacks in both SRCK and regular 3157 high power, if anyone needs a pair. $22/pr shipped

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
I have the Switchbacks in both SRCK and regular 3157 high power, if anyone needs a pair. $22/pr shipped

I keep forgetting about you. Your prices are better than anyone else...which reminds me, I have to get 2 pairs of red rear non-SRCK's from you.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Matt said:
Your prices are better than anyone else...which reminds me, I have to get 2 pairs of red rear non-SRCK's from you.

:yes::iagree: I'm gonna need 2 pairs of red non-SRCK's spider lights soon.

Did you do quad turn/brakes yet, Matt?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Short Bus said:
:yes::iagree: I'm gonna need 2 pairs of red non-SRCK's spider lights soon.

Did you do quad turn/brakes yet, Matt?

Not yet, I'm going to go the pigtail route, not the cut and shut.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Matt said:
I keep forgetting about you. Your prices are better than anyone else...which reminds me, I have to get 2 pairs of red rear non-SRCK's from you.

I have them, they look similar to the Cree type bulbs outside. Inside they have dual red SMDs which are high power and they are NON SRCK. I also have the Cree Non SRCK in red, but they use one SMD with a resistor on one leg for half the power (parking) and direct full power on the other leg (turn/brake). Also new is the front switchback in dual white/amber SMDs-White for parking and amber for turn. I had these made specifically for me-no one else has them.
Kev
817-905-0892

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online