Clean Eating

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Had a great workout tonight. Did a 60 minute interval run, then followed it with weights and jump roping, and then some speed training drills. Starting to feel explosive again, I like it! I'm so happy with where my knee is at in terms of health. I tore my mcl about 8 months ago, and didn't think id be able to do what I've been doing.

I hope everyone is doing well with their goals!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've backslid a little bit, gained 5 pounds since last week. Combination of not playing ball the last 2 weeks due to tweaking my knee and rainy weather, as well as crushing a box of girl scout cookies in a few hours, a couple days ago. :no:

Will be getting back to it next week though :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Kinda stuck at 20 lb weight loss, but been eating not so clean on weekends. Need to kick it back into gear so brought in a bunch of carrot sticks to munch on at work and a salad for lunch.

Do have a DR appt tonight and she told pretty much...lose weight...at my last visit, so hopefully she notices the effort and the reason for the visit turns out to be minor.

Reactions: AManders6

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Bought a couple of avocados last night. Only intended to get 1 to try it, but they were on sale for 2, and I couldn't help myself. Hooked up a chicken sandwhich, and mashed up about a quarter of one into a spread. Not bad, the consistency and texture is about the same, but gonna have to add something else for flavor. Will have to do some experimenting over the next couple of days. :yes:

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Avocados are awesome! We put them in our salads all the time. I have been doing fresh carrot and apple juice for breakfast and dinner. For lunch I have a serving of yogurt and some honey roasted peanuts. With the dinner juice I throw some broccoli or cucumber in the juicer too. Its great energy.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Had a great workout tonight that showed some progress for myself running and flexibility wise. I have been doing pretty good on my food goals lately as well. I cut out almost all simple carbs. No creamer in my coffee or excessive cheese, which is really tough for me. This week has been filled with tuna, lean turkey, and chicken. I made some shredded chicken the other night that was awesome! Been doing a lot of salads with fresh veggies as well. Also made the addition of flax seed into my daily intake. Keep up the great work everyone!

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I could not go with no creamer in my coffee. I ate me some baked tilapia in a bed of brown rice with a bunch of diced onions, carrots, peas, mushrooms, and two egg whites. Does that count?

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
DAlastDON said:
I could not go with no creamer in my coffee. I ate me some baked tilapia in a bed of brown rice with a bunch of diced onions, carrots, peas, mushrooms, and two egg whites. Does that count?
that sounds delicious!!

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I still put some sugar in my coffee. Just have to, but I can justify it with the no soda thing.

That sounds like many of our meals. Last night was sauteed chicken with spinach and bit of feta cheese. Kids actually ate spinach in multiple servings!

I am paused on the working out as I found out I have an inch tear in my abs and have to wait to see surgeon on Monday to figure out the best plan to fix the hernia. Its kinda weird when your belly button starts to turn inside out. Sounds like it won't be too bad though and I just want it fixed right.

Today's lunch is some strips of steak with mushrooms and onions and a simple lettuce and carrot salad.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Got a veggie noodle maker. Spiralizer thingie. Should help to get more veggies and in different ways!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've gotten back down under the 200lb mark, to 197 as of this weekend. Had done a good job of weening myself off the sugary stuff (after obliterating those GS cookies) Spinach salads with less extras thrown in for dinner. Cantaloupe, honeydew melon pineapple chunks and grapes for my sweetness fix. Almonds and peanuts for my crunchy fix have been doing well.

These avocados take for-damn-ever to eat! :laugh: I am still working on the first one, hope they last for a while so that 2nd one doesn't go bad before I get to it. Think I've found the magic sandwich combination that works for me. I've gone back to the season salt, after a few tries, came across the right amount that gives just a little extra flavor.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Currently sitting right under 200lbs. This is the lightest I've been in a while. Giving up alcohol for Lent has really helped me lean out a bit easier. I've been giving myself one day a week to get of track eating wise, Saturday usually, helps keep craving on other days at bay little, at least for me. Been running alot and hitting the weights consistently. Now that season is starting again, i'll have no excuse to not workout since ill have to be at the school for that. Keep at it everyone!

Reactions: Blckshdw

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ive been eating Tons of protein. Trying to pack on the muscle then leaning out next month by running on the treadmill. Clean eating is a hard thing to accomplish.
Pic of me currently. Weighing in at 275 lbs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425948847717.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425948847717.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: AManders6 and Matt

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Yea ive given up on trying to eat healthy. Ive been trying to find a cheap treadmill for me to run on everyday. but too no avail.

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
I haven't ran at all this week. Worked yesterday and today after I finished with my track kids workouts, but this head cold/sinus congestion has me on the ropes. Not being able to breath normally doesn't have me chomping at the bit to run. Tomorrow will hopefully be better. Did really well on food both yesterday and today though

danj

Sep 29, 2014
For the last 2 months my buddy and I have been hitting the gym for an hour and a half every night after work. Monday is arms, Tuesday is legs, Wednesday is chest/ shoulders, Thursday is abs / back, and Friday is a cardio day. I'm becoming less and less of a fat kid every day :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Down another couple lbs and actually feeling really good. Picked up some basic all in one multivitamins and they seem to just make me feel overall better.

Reactions: AManders6 and danj

danj

Sep 29, 2014
I've been doing a 1 a day vitamin since I started. It does just make you feel better. I've also been doing a creatine / amino acid drink before workouts. Then a protein drink after,

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
Lunch today is a salad consisting of a romaine heart, two tomatoes, some sliced mushrooms, hickory smoked tuna, and a little hot sauce dressing. Also started back in my vitamin regimen for pre/post workout about a week ago and as of yesterday I started back in my daily vitamin. Gotta kick this head cold

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Lunch was a simple lettuce n carrot salad w some fat free italian and a piece of whole wheat bread and couple thin slices of lean ham as a sandwich. Not perfect, but I had to grab something quick this morning cause I did not pre-plan well enough.

Hopefully will figure out a good dinner I can bring in some leftovers tomorrow for lunch!

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Been a couple weeks since the last update and the weight is about the same. The good news is I had a wellness check thing for work and found out my blood pressure and cholesterol are down and the rest of my numbers are looking pretty good.

Lunch was some of the stuff I made up Monday in the crock-pot. Cabbage, ground beef, onion, tomatoes. Lil hot sauce and Parmesan cheese made it pretty dang tasty.

Been eating a bunch of grilled chicken and mixed veggies lately. Simple and you can change seasoning or veggies and feel like you have a different meal.

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Last night, I subbed ground turkey for beef in tacos, seasoned with garlic powder before the taco seasoning and it tasted the same. Did pool workouts yesterday and I can feel it. I was lighter than I thought I was by 15lbs, but still need to drop a lot.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Wife just did a month long menu to try n eat clean every meal and budget better. Hoping it pans out. Really want another 20 lbs to go away!

AManders6

Jan 24, 2014
So for about two weeks now I've been trying to go on a particular time schedule in terms of sleeping, eating, water intake, stretching, and working out. I sleep almost the same amount everynight, eat about every 2.5 hours, and stretch every 3.5-4 hours. Keeping my body on this schedule as really helped; my metabolism has been more regular, I've felt way more alert and focused, and my workouts have been productive. Using the alarms in my phone to remind me and keep me on track has been the biggest help.

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Keeping a schedule is good especially with sleep and eating. I can tell a big difference since having a more regular diet. Lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and taking vitamins. Since I do not drink coffee very often I have supplemented the caffine for some Hydroxy which is helping boost metabolism, energy, and focus. Dropped another 10lbs, but slowly. Need to start adding in some gym time, but it has been hard with my work schedule.

Reactions: AManders6 and Sib

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I tried Hydroxy and it really did nothing for me except make me irritable. I use some One Source vitamins daily and they seem to help overall feeling better.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Have been slipping on the fully clean eating, but with summer I am trying to concentrate on grilled meats and veggies.

I have gone to trying for 10K steps a day and carrying the pedometer all the time to have a checkpoint for that. Been doing pretty good for couple weeks with it.

Have lost a couple more lbs actually, but really need another 15-20 to come off.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
It's all about the long term. And its more than numbers. I don't eat as clean as I could, but I drink light beer. Lol. I lift hard and, although I don't necessarily see improvements every week, I'm almost 40 lbs lighter than a year ago and stronger than I've ever been.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I found light beer the enemy. I will drink a whole bunch of those or if I get a good craft with 1.5-2 times the alcohol and not a ton more calories I drink less unclean overall.

Reactions: djthumper

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:bump: Dead thread revival! :wooot:

Kinda off topic, and kinda not... I got a crock pot in a sweepstakes from the grocery store earlier in the year, and want to start using it, but I don't have any recipes for it yet. Figured I could troll the interwebz for stuff, but I think you guys would be more reliable. Anyone have any of their favorite slow cooker recipes they'd care to share?

Reactions: djthumper

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Throw some vegetables and some roast meat in with a package of spices in the morning or night before and cook all day. Home will smell awesome when you return from work.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Chucks of beef or chicken veggies, potatoes and bouillon. Makes a nice stew... There is so much that you can do.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Thanks for the ideas fellas, I'll definitely try those.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
[SIZE=12pt]Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A simple and delicious crock-pot chicken recipe[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Ingredients[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1.5 lbs chicken breast[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]2 small cans of diced green chilies[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 (15oz) can black beans[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]8 oz frozen corn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 cup salsa[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]¼ cup sliced green onions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]2 TBSP minced garlic[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]½ jalapeno; seeded and diced[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 can 15 oz chicken broth[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 tsp. garlic powder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 tsp. onion powder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 Tbsp. cumin[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 tsp. chili powder[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]1 tsp. cayenne pepper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]· [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]sea salt and pepper to taste[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Instructions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]1. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Place jalapeno, green chilies, black beans, corn and garlic in the bottom of crock pot.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]2. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Pour in broth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]3. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Place chicken breasts on top and season with spices.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]4. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Pour 1 cup of salsa over top of chicken and cover.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]5. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Cook 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]6. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]About 30 minutes before finished, transfer chicken breasts to a separate bowl and shred chicken.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]7. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]If broth mixture in crock pot seems thin, add in ½ cup more salsa.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]8. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Return shredded chicken to crock pot and cover for final 30 minutes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]9. [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Top chicken with green onions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]________________[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Healthy Clean Chicken Veggie soup[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.5pt]Bag of [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]frozen mixed vegetables[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]2 -3 [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]cans lite [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]chicken brothhttp://www.food.com/about/broth-154 add third if rice soaks up too much[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]1 lb ground chicken or turkey[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]1 small onion diced[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]Seasoning- Garlic, Onion Powder, pick your own favorites[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]1 can diced tomato[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13.5pt]1.5 cup whole grain brown rice[/SIZE]

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The honey garlic chicken came out really nicely for the first try. The amount of garlic was just right, but I think next time I make it, I'll use more honey, since I couldn't really taste it at all.

20150903_172939.jpg

Couldn't stick a fork in it to get it out of the crock pot, it was so tender. Decided to pull it apart and throw it on top of some baby spinach, spoon some of the sauce over top and go to town :cool:

20150903_173330.jpg

... and then I ruined it by eating some zebra cakes afterwards lol :hopeless:

Reactions: Mounce and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Another successful crock pot entry for me, Saturday I decided to try making pulled chicken tacos, and it came our really well. About 3 lbs of chicken breasts, sprinkled 1 packet of taco seasoning over them, then pour 1 jar of salsa over all that and let it cook for 6 hours.

Didn't snap any pics, but some shredded cheese, and sweet chili ranch dressing on top made them perfect! :salivate: This one is definitely on my repeat meals list. :yes:

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Iwth football and the basement remodel almost complete it is bout to be crockpot time for me and hoping to keep it cleaner this year. As much as cheese dip sounds good I know your chicken tacos would be healthier.

Sweet Chili Ranch..is that made or bought?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
HARDTRAILZ said:
Iwth football and the basement remodel almost complete it is bout to be crockpot time for me and hoping to keep it cleaner this year. As much as cheese dip sounds good I know your chicken tacos would be healthier.

Sweet Chili Ranch..is that made or bought?
I did have some nachos with Tostitos cheese dip. Knew it wasn't that good for me, but it had been a pretty long time since I indulged. The ranch dressing is a new flavor from Hidden Valley Ranch. I usually have a bottle of their spicy ranch for when I make chicken wraps, but decided to try this in it's place.

I'm not quite that adventurous to make my own sauces (yet)

paddedimage373400-HVR-New-Flavors-0005-Sweet-Chili.png

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Nice. I have not seen that one. I use this Philippine Sweet Chili sauce alot.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online