Chimes Won't Turn Off

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
My door chimes won't turn off. Started the truck this evening and left the door open for a few minutes with the truck running. Closed the door and drove few hundred feet - chimes were still dinging. Put the truck into Park, and shut ignition off. Pulled keys out of ignition, made sure headlights were off and slammed the drivers door shut. Still have chimes. Walked around the truck opening and slamming all the doors shut. Chimes are still on. Started truck back up and the chimes didn't go away. Ended up driving 85 minutes with the chimes going off.

2004 Trailblazer LS with aftermarket Sony headunit. Sony has been installed since Jan 13 (after my old Sony fried itself)

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Were the dome lights working correctly? If so, you can assume the door switches are all working properly.

No SES lights or funny gauges?

Was it a rapid ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding or a slower ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...

Chiming with the vehicle in any gear and in park, or only in motion? When running only, or when off also?

Did they ever quit even for a few seconds, like when stopped?

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Sparky said:
Were the dome lights working correctly? If so, you can assume the door switches are all working properly.

No SES lights or funny gauges?

Was it a rapid ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding or a slower ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...

Chiming with the vehicle in any gear and in park, or only in motion? When running only, or when off also?

Did they ever quit even for a few seconds, like when stopped?

Dome lights worked as well as they usually do (got a few that are out and one that flickers when it feels like it - need some bulbs). SES light is on, but its from the SAIS pump being dead. Was a slower ding, ding, ding. Chimes were on all the time. In gear, in park, stopped, moving, truck on or truck off. Didn't stop for the entire 85 min drive home, and was still chiming when I parked the truck and went in the house.

Went back out about 20 mins after I got home and posted to try a suggestion from Facebook page

Had this problem. Open door. Turn car off. Shut door. Turn car on. Do it until it stops.
but the chimes had stopped sometime in the 20 minutes that I was home.

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
just put in key and pull out from ignition without rotating, do it a few times, you can wiggle the key as well....see if that works for you....

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Funny ignition switch maybe? It is the catch-all for random electrical gremlins.

sawicksted

Dec 7, 2011
Good old gremlins........Had a similar issue and the start / stop ignition key in out worked.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online