Cheapest way to level?

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Hey y'all. I have an 07 Envoy 2wd/air ride and I CANT STAND the rake. I was wondering what the CHEAPEST route would be to lower the rear to level the ride out. In another topic I posted someone mentioned something about readjusting the air ride sensors? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks fellas.

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Yes I've contacted him before. He sells lowering parts too?

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
that would be news too me norcalss is the only one on here that i know sells lowering kits

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Markmc is good if you want to lift the front to match the back. Or SuspensionMAXX.

But for cheap, you absolutely can't beat free, which is what it costs to adjust the air ride sensors in the rear wheel wells. Just look, it will be obvious what to loosen to rotate the sensors a tiny bit. Drive for a day, make sure the compressor gets the vehicle to the new height, then measure the wheel well opening height with a tape measure. It may take you a few days to nail the height to be the right amount and even from side to side.

3.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ajallen14 said:
Hey y'all. I have an 07 Envoy 2wd/air ride and I CANT STAND the rake. I was wondering what the CHEAPEST route would be to lower the rear to level the ride out. In another topic I posted someone mentioned something about readjusting the air ride sensors? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks fellas.
If you could always park on a hill, it would be FREE!!!

Reactions: Hatchet and Ghoster

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Ok, ignore I've said. I DONT have bags, I guess I was looking at the bump stops the whole time. Yes I feel like a total noob.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
ajallen14 said:
Ok, ignore I've said. I DONT have bags, I guess I was looking at the bump stops the whole time. Yes I feel like a total noob.
i believe we have all been there once.
since you've talked to MarkMc about lift, and know the price of that, contact NorcalSS, he's the lowering guy. might just be able to get shorter
rear springs, but not sure about shocks. :twocents:

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
fletch09 said:
i believe we have all been there once.
since you've talked to MarkMc about lift, and know the price of that, contact NorcalSS, he's the lowering guy. might just be able to get shorter
rear springs, but not sure about shocks. :twocents:
Yeah I emailed him last night and today. He gave me some good quotes. Now just to acquire the funds.

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
I thought all Envoys had rear air springs? Maybe it was changed at some point.... On my TB I ended up with marks .5in spacer on top of the front struts and im running the middle sized moog springs. I like the looks of the EXT with the front a bit higher than the rear but I believe that has to do with the extra 3inch of roof in back. When I first put this setup together a year ago the front did sit higher than the rear. The moog springs have defentally sagged some and it seems to have settled exactly level. I would try marks half inch spacer first and see how it looks. Easiest and cheepest change you can do to raise the front.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
You can also purchase stiffer stock springs for relatively cheap which raises you anywhere from about .5 to 1.5 inches depending on your original springs and the series you upgrade to.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
how low do you want rear to go>

ajallen14

Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
Aarkon said:
Trust me buy norcalss kit I did it all the way around and am very happy

Yeah that's the route I'm going to go just figuring things out still.

Reactions: Aarkon

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86