cheapest place to get a bug shield for front hood.

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
As it says cheapest place to get a bug shield for front hood for a 2004 envoy XL. its starting to rust a bit so i wanna protect the front of the hood. At least for this winter. anyone from Ottawa got one they dont want. Kenny U pull has nothing and sunshine auto neither.

Secondary question: Will a Tahoe bug shield fit or something along the GMT line fit?

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Aren't the hoods for Envoy and Envoy XL the same?

I found the bug shield for my Silverado at Pep Boys. Their price was right around the best I could find at Amazon and I had it in my hand in minutes.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
Aren't the hoods for Envoy and Envoy XL the same?

I found the bug shield for my Silverado at Pep Boys. Their price was right around the best I could find at Amazon and I had it in my hand in minutes.

I know a lot of places will price match also. See if you can find it cheap on amazon or wherever then go to store and ask them to match it. That way you can have it same day and have a place to return it if something is wrong with it.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Have you tried doing a search on google?

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
willn513 said:
I know a lot of places will price match also. See if you can find it cheap on amazon or wherever then go to store and ask them to match it. That way you can have it same day and have a place to return it if something is wrong with it.

In Canada they only price match on Canadian websites and usually its a better price in store than anyways

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I've heard sometimes the bug shield can actually accelerate rust on the hood as it will catch salt grime kicked up by traffic and hold it against the hood.

I take mine off every winter and put it back on in the spring. My truck is a rustbucket but my hood has very little rust on it!

Dec 4, 2011
Rs8892 said:
Drive across the border :wink:

Easier said than done when your 450 miles from Minot ND. :no: The savings disappear real quick @ 1.30/liter or about 5.00/gal US of course. But then these are Canadian $. :undecided:

tbyoda

Apr 19, 2013
Sparky said:
I've heard sometimes the bug shield can actually accelerate rust on the hood as it will catch salt grime kicked up by traffic and hold it against the hood.

I take mine off every winter and put it back on in the spring. My truck is a rustbucket but my hood has very little rust on it!

I have been kinda wondering about that too, since I have only had my TB since end of March. Have been seeing some leaves build up and have been thing of what the snow will do. I think I will remove it.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
dazingla said:
Ya I don't wanna wait weeks for shipping. Wanna find something local
Impatience and excessive frugality. Two qualities women just can't get enough of. :no:

:rotfl:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Instead of a plastic bug shield, have you thought about using ArmorAll's custom shield coating. It comes in black, white, gray, and clear. Its kinda like plasti-dip where it just peels right off. You could do a strip of black or gray across the front of your hood and that would definitely protect the rest of your paint and seal off the current rust from the elements.

Exceptional Protection - Armor All Custom Shield Coating

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Instead of a plastic bug shield, have you thought about using ArmorAll's custom shield coating. It comes in black, white, gray, and clear. Its kinda like plasti-dip where it just peels right off. You could do a strip of black or gray across the front of your hood and that would definitely protect the rest of your paint and seal off the current rust from the elements.

Exceptional Protection - Armor All Custom Shield Coating

Now i have lol

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
but ya gonna go try the armor all actually today if the rain holds out. crappy tires 10 seconds from me so why the hell not right. and no crappy tire didn't have the bug shields

- - - Updated - - -

the roadie said:
Impatience and excessive frugality. Two qualities women just can't get enough of. :no:

:rotfl:

:rotfl::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
xtitan1 said:
What's the practical difference between plasti-dip and the armor-all product you linked?

Plasti-dip is a rubber coating, where the ArmorAll is like a film. Both are spray on and peel off. Plasti-dip is cheaper per can though.

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Plasti-dip is a rubber coating, where the ArmorAll is like a film. Both are spray on and peel off. Plasti-dip is cheaper per can though.

Not here its not lol. Got the armor all for 12.99 plasti dip is 21.99

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
And it turned out great clear coat that u can't even see. I did my full Hood and wrapped it around underneath so its one full film

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Which ever works... the cheaper the better when experimenting.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
dazingla said:
And it turned out great clear coat that u can't even see. I did my full Hood and wrapped it around underneath so its one full film

My bad, I forgot to look at your location. Plasti-dip is very expensive there. Locally, I can get it for about $5 per can. I am glad the ArmorAll worked out for you. :thumbsup:

I have never been a fan of bug shields, anything is better than throwing more plastic on your GMT.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozzyextlt

Members Online