Cheapest best way to lower 04 TB three inch

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
hey whats up?

i know this might sound weird, but i want lower my tb a good 3"? it feels really "rocky" " like an old pimpn caddy" and i am not comfortable with it like that. since i dont have 4x4 or cruise or nothing crazy i figured id lower my ride a little.... any ideas?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Belltech lowering struts up front and djm springs with shocks out back

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
jrSS said:
Belltech lowering struts up front and djm springs with shocks out back

Ty found a belltech kit on eBay for $499

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yea but those come with the springs up front. If u want the best ride go with the lowering struts up front and keep the oem coils. Will drop around 2 in. With a great ride. I said djm for rear cuz it'll drop u 4" instead of 3". U might wanna buy a set of upper control arms too(for the front). The stock arms won't let u align properly. A shop can get it close but ur upper ball joints will hate u. The djm arms are longer so u can get the correct alignment and won't go thru tires. And the ball joints will love u.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
jrSS said:
Yea but those come with the springs up front. If u want the best ride go with the lowering struts up front and keep the oem coils. Will drop around 2 in. With a great ride. I said djm for rear cuz it'll drop u 4" instead of 3". U might wanna buy a set of upper control arms too(for the front). The stock arms won't let u align properly. A shop can get it close but ur upper ball joints will hate u. The djm arms are longer so u can get the correct alignment and won't go thru tires. And the ball joints will love u.

Hey jrSS can you have a look at my thread about Ball Joint Questions and give me your thoughts?

Sorry Ghost, thanks guys.

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
jrSS said:

How much is all this going to set me back at ?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Control arms $350 from tony (norcal SS) don't actually need but I would

Belltech struts $100 a piece (only need 2)

Coils for rear round $200 (maybe)

Belltech street perf. Shocks $60 a piece (2)

Your 2 wheel drive so u could get the djm kit for less it comes with the control arms. Contact norcal ss. Maybe he has a deal going on. Here's my od ride 06 envoy with all belltech kit.
ad6cfdfc-f480-f87a.jpg

I didn't have the a arms but tires were going a lil on the inside. Out like 1 degree and balljoints were at a severe angle.

Reactions: CaptainKD

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Hey jrSS can you have a look at my thread about Ball Joint Questions and give me your thoughts?

Sorry Ghost, thanks guys.

Pm sent

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
Ghost said:
hey whats up?

i know this might sound weird, but i want lower my tb a good 3"? it feels really "rocky" " like an old pimpn caddy" and i am not comfortable with it like that. since i dont have 4x4 or cruise or nothing crazy i figured id lower my ride a little.... any ideas?

what is your budget?
how many miles on the truck?
is truck on stock shocks?

Ghost

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
NORCAL SS said:
what is your budget?
how many miles on the truck?
is truck on stock shocks?

Stock
$500