eBay Listing Chasing a "Parasitic Draw"? How About a Low Cost, Low AMP Clamp?

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
No Time for the ‘Mickey Mouse' of complicated Low Amp Testing using a DVOM or DMM while trying to Hunt Down a PARASITIC DRAIN (DRAW)?

Check out this Professional Test Comparison between the CEM DT-337 (A Real BARGAIN as a KIT at $65.00 with FREE S&H on eBay from a Seller with a 100% Sales rating ) vs. the similar GTC CM-100 version offered over on Amazon for $219.00 ...with perhaps a few LESS Features. Just WATCH “The Shoot Out” happening in THIS Video:

For the CEM DT-337 Low Amp Clamp:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15

I Opted to Get and Paid a Few More Bucks for the CEM DT-337 KIT Version and made the Purchase from one of the many Vendors offering this Tool Kit with a 100% 5 Star Customer Satisfaction Rating on eBay:

s-l500.pngs-l500A.pngs-l500B.jpgs-l500C.jpgs-l500D.png

For the General Technologies Corp GTM CM-100 Low Amp Clamp:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TCWL1E/?tag=gmtnation-20

71Umca8gORL._AC_SY879_.jpg

And finally... for a Hands On Low Amp Clamp Demo in a Trailblazer ... Courtesy Eric "O" from SMA (South Main Auto) that lead him to condemn the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) for a Mysterious Parasitic Draw Issue probably related to a Re-Built IPC using NON-LEAD Solder that causes Crystals to grow and migrate in between the Power Source and Grounds on IPC the Logic Board.:

Same Here ...A Two Parter from South Main Auito about a Parasitic Draw inside of a Chevrolet Silverado with MUCH MORE Diagnostic Information:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Reprise

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
For the sake of @Elizabetty and in recognition of her recent enormous efforts of "Trying to Run Electrical Goblins to GROUND...." I'm following up with the Un-Boxing Images of the CEM DT-337 Low Amp Clamp Kit I ordered back on January 19th, 2023 and which only just arrived on Wednesday, February 15th, 2023 from China to encourage getting THIS Device.

I won't belabor "HOW TO USE THIS INEXPENSIVE LOW AMP CLAMP". But instead, suffice it to say, anyone who spends a few minutes Reviewing ALL of the Videos Linked up in Post #1 will be able to glean the best ways to take great advantage of so much Low Amperage Parasitic Electrical Draw Diagnostic capabilities in such a small, inexpensive package:

DT337A.jpgDT337B.jpgDT337C.jpgDT337D.jpgDT337E.jpgDT337F.jpgDT337FA.jpgDT337G.jpgDT337H.jpgDT337I.jpgDT337J.jpgDT337K.jpgDT337L.jpgDT337M.jpgDT337N.jpgDT337O.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Just in case you happen to own a "Generic High AMP Clamp" that is usually purposed for measuring substantial (Battery) Amperage versus getting way down into the Milli-Amps Level and you think having yet another "Specialty Low Amp Current Clamp" is just NOT worth the time, effort and expense to obtain... THIS is an alternative method by using a Hand-Wound Wire Coil to increase the sensitivity level of those High Amp Clamp measuring levels... for say... Diagnosing a Parasitic Draw via a Loop Fuse Replacement or "Fuse Buddy" tucked into the female slots in the Fuse Box:

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online