Chapter Requirements

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Since it will come up and it is only a matter of time.......What are we going to do as far as chapters go??

Is it possible that we keep the same or very similar requirements for the chapters??

Will we be able to invite members (eventually) from the foggy side??

Any thoughts and / or direction would be awesome.

Chris, Aka TXBlazer
Foggy Side:lipsrsealed:, South Chapter, President

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I thought they were doing away with chapters and presidents n such

big ed said:
big ed repping the midwest, no chapters here but we'll still do it like we used to.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I thought they were doing away with chapters and presidents n such

That's the plan, as far as I know. No chapters, presidents, reps, etc. We don't need those titles in order to flourish, hold meets, etc. The regional forums only for region specific discussion. Setting local meets and whatnot.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Well, if we're doing away with the Chapter placements (prez, VP, etc.) then I suggest that we not have any requirements. If you have "requirements", then by design, you need someone to monitor said requirements.

I kinda like the Chapter placements - it adds a little order IMO to the chaos of organizing meets and stuff. What I do suggest is that each Chapter have greater control over it's requirements - have the forum agree to "soft requirements", things that cannot (or should not be changed) and then let the Chapters decide on their own if anything needs to be added or changed to be flexible.

THAT, IMO should makes things run better and increase participation.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Harmless just wants to be king of all chapters

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
smitty5150 said:
You can be the GMTNation ruler of the Canadialand, if that makes you feel better:postcount:

LOL Canadianland. Sounds like a tourist trap to me.

Population: 1 nut and a squirrel. I'm not the squirrel. :dunce:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
LOL Canadianland. Sounds like a tourist trap to me.

Population: 1 nut and a squirrel. I'm not the squirrel. :dunce:

Oh hell, who told this guy about G Nation? :raspberry:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, I don't think it's gonna happen... Admin over there don't seem motivated to do squat for us. Thus this new home. :biggrin:

LOL. And we're still waiting to see how these Chapter things will work here - or if we should even have them. :popcorn:

culzero

Nov 21, 2011
I agree with you all about keeping the chapters but getting rid of the requirements. I think the requirements is what kept a lot of people from meeting up and participating.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
It would be nice to see this setup before our grand opening, no? Here's my :twocents: on the subject:

- Keep the Chapters.
- Keep a hierarchy to be able to have a semblance of order within the Chapters.
- Have a Chapter President, Chapter V.P., Regional Reps and Members.
- Have a set of flexible "minimum" requirements for the Chapters.
- Bring back Chapter Logos & Crests.

Here's what I feel should be "blanket" membership rules for all the Chapters. Local Presidents can modify or add to their local charter with approval from the Forum's Admin.

Prez/VP/Rep Requirements:

- Must currently own a GMT360/370/305 (TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS, Envoy, 9-7x, Bravada, Rainier, XUV, & Ascender) or a GMT920/930 (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, Yukon XL, & Escalade ESV) Platform.
- Must be a member of THIS Forum.
- Must have no less than 100 posts.
- Must setup & attend at least 1 meet, show, or get together (3+ GMTNation.com members) a year.
- Must stay active as a member on the site (10+ posts a month).
- If you have not been active on the Forum in at least 3 months, you can be replaced without warning by an Administrator.
- The Chapter Presidents & Moderators hold the right to make changes as necessary to keep the Chapter running in an efficient manner.
- You can not have violated any site rules (issued infraction) or been banned.
- Plus all of the Chapter Member Rules.

Membership Rules:

- It helps if you currently own a GMT360/370/305 (TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS, Envoy, 9-7x, Bravada, Rainier, XUV, & Ascender) or a GMT920/930 (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, Yukon XL, & Escalade ESV) Platform, but it is not necessary. Any GMTNation.com member can join a Chapter.
- You must have no less than 10 posts to join a Chapter.
- You must stay active as a member on the Forum (5+ posts a month).
- You must try to attend at least 1 meet, show, or "get-together" (minimum 3 GMTNation.com members) a year.
- If you have not been active for at least 3 months, you can be removed without warning. Military members are exempt from this rule.
- If removed from a Chapter due to inactivity, you may rejoin after 1 month of normal activity at the discretion of a Moderator or Chapter President

Rules and requirements are subject to change. Site rules are still in effect and enforced within Chapter Threads. Administrators, Super Moderators, and Chapter Presidents will manage any and all Chapters as needed. Administrators, Super Moderators, and Chapter Presidents reserve the right to deny access to any member for any reason, likewise they can remove a member from a Chapter for any reason.

Discuss. :coffee:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Good points. If this were to be a reality at any point in the future, I would imagine the ownership requirements for leadership roles to be that you must own ANY GM TRUCK. It is, after all, GMT Nation.....just sayin. I know I won't have my TB forever. It's getting old and I've been wanting to change it up for a while....If I end up with a silverado or an older C-10 and I am in a leadership position, I think owning something GM branded and a truck should be good enough. If anyone ends up in that position, I think it should be allowable.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Good points. If this were to be a reality at any point in the future, I would imagine the ownership requirements for leadership roles to be that you must own ANY GM TRUCK. It is, after all, GMT Nation.....just sayin. I know I won't have my TB forever. It's getting old and I've been wanting to change it up for a while....If I end up with a silverado or an older C-10 and I am in a leadership position, I think owning something GM branded and a truck should be good enough.

I agree and with all the GM trucks covered there "shouldn't" be such small turn out at the meets I would think

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I like it!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the any GM truck idea. Sometimes you cant control the loss of a vehicle and cant directly replace it, but staying in the GM family should be enough and there are planty of models to fill anyone's needs.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I figure if we cater to the specific platforms, they should qualify for the position(s).

Seemed fair.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I like, especially the having any GM truck. If something happens to the TB, I know I'll probably try and get a Tahoe or Avalanche.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I like, especially the having any GM truck. If something happens to the TB, I know I'll probably try and get a Tahoe or Avalanche.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

:iagree: I personally only like the GM cars or German cars too!

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
I figure if we cater to the specific platforms, they should qualify for the position(s).

Seemed fair.

Seems like you just want to keep your President badge after you get rid of harmless, for a pink Prius and then trade it in for a Transverse :raspberry::rotfl:

StvsDenaliXL

Nov 21, 2011
I like the idea of keeping it any GMT platform vehicle, I do have plans of getting a new ride soon and it will be a GM vehicle (most likely a Sierra or Silverado 2500HD), off course this means that we would probably get members that own a GMT 001, 199 or 200, but it would bring in more members and maybe a bigger camaraderie. :undecided:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
Seems like you just want to keep your President badge after you get rid of harmless, for a pink Prius and then trade it in for a Transverse :raspberry::rotfl:

Should I ever get rid of harmless, I'm gonna get either an 300 SRT8 or a Camaro SS. :popcorn: So I apologize, you'll be cruising your pink Prius club down the strip alone.

StvsDenaliXL said:
I like the idea of keeping it any GMT platform vehicle, I do have plans of getting a new ride soon and it will be a GM vehicle (most likely a Sierra or Silverado 2500HD), off course this means that we would probably get members that own a GMT 001, 199 or 200, but it would bring in more members and maybe a bigger camaraderie. :undecided:

djthumper said:
:iagree: it should be any GMT line vehicle.

See, I maybe onto something! :tiphat:

Are any of the founders watching? :undecided:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
Should I ever get rid of harmless, I'm gonna get either an 300 SRT8 or a Camaro SS. :popcorn: So I apologize, you'll be cruising your pink Prius club down the strip alone.

You can follow along in your dolled up smart car

View attachment 16480

Attachments

• Pink-768958.jpg
    Pink-768958.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 79

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
See, I maybe onto something! :tiphat:

Are any of the founders watching? :undecided:

Just because you don't see discussion, doesn't mean things aren't being considered. I will tell you that the intent from day one has been to include all GM trucks and all variations. But realize it is a small site as of yet, and a hole in the corner for S-10s(for example) isn't going to get filled simply because it is there. We, as staff, have to do the leg work and gather the information needed to support another platform before new members will seek us out.

Concerning chapters, you guys will just have to let that play out. IMHO, it created a lot of segregation on the OS. That is why there is a tendency to stay away from it. The suggested rules you posted earlier are *almost* a direct replica of the requirements on the OS. Not only a deterrent to membership but also creates issues when everyone is like "Oh, a chapter! Let me join it!". When they meet no requirements, they get denied, disinterested, etc. Destroys the sense of community. Personally, I feel that the regional forums are good enough for now. It at least give us an area to arrange local events. Maybe once the site membership reaches a level in which there are too many members to just let roam free, something can be put in place.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I don't think chapter add anything.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
You can follow along in your dolled up smart car

I don't recall that being one of the options I posted.

On a side note, you seem to really like the color pink... :undecided:

CdnGMan said:
That kinda looks like what blew by him on the QEW while heading to Niagara Falls... :raspberry:

That was an Elantra. Much bigger by Smart standards. I do recall it perhaps being a salmon color though...

You keep forgetting though, it had to go around YOU first before getting to me... :rotfl:

smitty5150 said:
Just because you don't see discussion, doesn't mean things aren't being considered. I will tell you that the intent from day one has been to include all GM trucks and all variations. But realize it is a small site as of yet, and a hole in the corner for S-10s(for example) isn't going to get filled simply because it is there. We, as staff, have to do the leg work and gather the information needed to support another platform before new members will seek us out.

Concerning chapters, you guys will just have to let that play out. IMHO, it created a lot of segregation on the OS. That is why there is a tendency to stay away from it. The suggested rules you posted earlier are *almost* a direct replica of the requirements on the OS. Not only a deterrent to membership but also creates issues when everyone is like "Oh, a chapter! Let me join it!". When they meet no requirements, they get denied, disinterested, etc. Destroys the sense of community. Personally, I feel that the regional forums are good enough for now. It at least give us an area to arrange local events. Maybe once the site membership reaches a level in which there are too many members to just let roam free, something can be put in place.

Noted. Sometimes though, feedback from above is a motivator to keep things moving. That is why I asked.

You're right, "almost" a replica - I fixed up what I thought were some of the more sticky issues. What I offered up is still just a suggestion for members to discuss and offer input on. They are a rough draft - the first draft - that everyone can help work on. Heaven knows what I say isn't anywhere close to being rule. We have an opportunity to start over and fix things that were broken on the OS that we weren't able to fix. I feel we should take that chance.

I kinda disagree with the Chapters creating the feeling of segregation on the OS. I feel that they offered an extra outlet for members local to each other a way to connect and mingle. They offered a small way to identify and represent as a smaller group of a larger entity - and be PROUD of it. Their hierarchy offered the group a way to monitor and govern itself - one less things for the Mods and Admin to worry about.

What was the issue was some of the requirements and the rules. That, I agree with. That is why I modified what we have on the OS and have left room to change it more, if that's what members want. Hell, I'm not happy with that first draft, but I also don't want to be the only one working on this.

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
I don't recall that being one of the options I posted.

On a side note, you seem to really like the color pink... :undecided:

That was an Elantra. Much bigger by Smart standards. I do recall it perhaps being a salmon color though...

You keep forgetting though, it had to go around YOU first before getting to me... :rotfl:

Noted. Sometimes though, feedback from above is a motivator to keep things moving. That is why I asked.

You're right, "almost" a replica - I fixed up what I thought were some of the more sticky issues. What I offered up is still just a suggestion for members to discuss and offer input on. They are a rough draft - the first draft - that everyone can help work on. Heaven knows what I say isn't anywhere close to being rule. We have an opportunity to start over and fix things that were broken on the OS that we weren't able to fix. I feel we should take that chance.

I kinda disagree with the Chapters creating the feeling of segregation on the OS. I feel that they offered an extra outlet for members local to each other a way to connect and mingle. They offered a small way to identify and represent as a smaller group of a larger entity - and be PROUD of it. Their hierarchy offered the group a way to monitor and govern itself - one less things for the Mods and Admin to worry about.

What was the issue was some of the requirements and the rules. That, I agree with. That is why I modified what we have on the OS and have left room to change it more, if that's what members want. Hell, I'm not happy with that first draft, but I also don't want to be the only one working on this.

If it were not for a small few of the organized we would have nothing at the best of times. Now with a few more of the organized on this site we should be fine no matter what the "Bosses" decide.

So having said that, as long as we "lead" it really does not matter what the chapter set-up is like. I will still be bugging guys out on this side of the Maple Leaf to meet up and talk trucks! :wootwoot:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Blade said:
If it were not for a small few of the organized we would have nothing at the best of times. Now with a few more of the organized on this site we should be fine no matter what the "Bosses" decide.

So having said that, as long as we "lead" it really does not matter what the chapter set-up is like. I will still be bugging guys out on this side of the Maple Leaf to meet up and talk trucks! :wootwoot:

True. And I will happily do the same.

History dictates though, that without proper guidance and some semblance of order, humanity will inherently run amok and eat itself alive... :book:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I believe it is too early to talk about chapters. We wouldn't have enough members right now to constitute one chapter, much less a whole country full. We are not saying it won't happen in the future, but its a little early to go there right now. That said, we will be having the regional sections so that you can maintain your local contacts. If you want to have meets or gatherings try to announce it to the wider audience. You may get better attendance that way.:cool:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:

The fact that it had to get around me first isn't the issue - I only have a measly inline 4.2 and NOT the V8 - like YOU...

harmless said:

I actually agree with this... I know for me, it was kinda cool being part of the "Eastern Canada Chapter" over on the OS - it gave me a feeling of "belonging to something"... it also helped when it came to talk about the OS and what it had to offer the strays I came across... having leadership within the chapters should be viewed as a good thing as it helps to promote some level of order as well...

On the other hand, one other thing to keep in mind is that there are a few people who are only really concerned with things that occur locally (city, town, county) to them - they may not have any interest in things that happen in Florida, when they live in BC, Upstate NY or Alberta for that matter and it's possible that the creation of chapters will only reinforce that mentality... :popcorn:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
I believe it is too early to talk about chapters. We wouldn't have enough members right now to constitute one chapter, much less a whole country full. We are not saying it won't happen in the future, but its a little early to go there right now. That said, we will be having the regional sections so that you can maintain your local contacts. If you want to have meets or gatherings try to announce it to the wider audience. You may get better attendance that way.:cool:

I'm not concerned about the amount of members we have at the moment. We're not live yet, so I am cognisant of this. I do know though, that some of the more prominent and active members from the OS are here now. I'm just trying to help out with some leg work and get those people to chime in.

CdnGMan said:
The fact that it had to get around me first isn't the issue - I only have a measly inline 4.2 and NOT the V8 - like YOU...

I didn't see it coming and I got stuck in traffic. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :tongue:

CdnGMan said:
On the other hand, one other thing to keep in mind is that there are a few people who are only really concerned with things that occur locally (city, town, county) to them - they may not have any interest in things that happen in Florida, when they live in BC, Upstate NY or Alberta for that matter and it's possible that the creation of chapters will only reinforce that mentality... :popcorn:

Actually, I think that is precicely why the Chapters were created... Gives all the peeps who just want local stuff something to do and someplace to do it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.