It would be nice to see this setup before our grand opening, no? Here's my
on the subject:
- Keep the Chapters.
- Keep a hierarchy to be able to have a semblance of order within the Chapters.
- Have a Chapter President, Chapter V.P., Regional Reps and Members.
- Have a set of flexible "minimum" requirements for the Chapters.
- Bring back Chapter Logos & Crests.
Here's what I feel should be "blanket" membership rules for all the Chapters. Local Presidents can modify or add to their local charter with approval from the Forum's Admin.
- Must currently own a GMT360/370/305 (TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS, Envoy, 9-7x, Bravada, Rainier, XUV, & Ascender) or a GMT920/930 (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, Yukon XL, & Escalade ESV) Platform.
- Must be a member of THIS Forum.
- Must have no less than 100 posts.
- Must setup & attend at least 1 meet, show, or get together (3+ GMTNation.com members) a year.
- Must stay active as a member on the site (10+ posts a month).
- If you have not been active on the Forum in at least 3 months, you can be replaced without warning by an Administrator.
- The Chapter Presidents & Moderators hold the right to make changes as necessary to keep the Chapter running in an efficient manner.
- You can not have violated any site rules (issued infraction) or been banned.
- Plus all of the Chapter Member Rules.
- It helps if you currently own a GMT360/370/305 (TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS, Envoy, 9-7x, Bravada, Rainier, XUV, & Ascender) or a GMT920/930 (Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, Suburban, Yukon XL, & Escalade ESV) Platform, but it is not necessary. Any GMTNation.com member can join a Chapter.
- You must have no less than 10 posts to join a Chapter.
- You must stay active as a member on the Forum (5+ posts a month).
- You must try to attend at least 1 meet, show, or "get-together" (minimum 3 GMTNation.com members) a year.
- If you have not been active for at least 3 months, you can be removed without warning. Military members are exempt from this rule.
- If removed from a Chapter due to inactivity, you may rejoin after 1 month of normal activity at the discretion of a Moderator or Chapter President
Rules and requirements are subject to change. Site rules are still in effect and enforced within Chapter Threads. Administrators, Super Moderators, and Chapter Presidents will manage any and all Chapters as needed. Administrators, Super Moderators, and Chapter Presidents reserve the right to deny access to any member for any reason, likewise they can remove a member from a Chapter for any reason.