changed f/r pads at 135,000

ryan

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
just got thru putting front and rear pads in...rotors still in great shape. front pads had another 10,000 miles to go...rears were real low...but at 135,000 cant complain..never have gotten this type miles out of factory oem pads..

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Did you the truck new. I had to replace mine at 60k miles. However the set I pulled off when I switched to D/S rotors had about 30% left. That was at 118k miles.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
damn.. 150k plus on stock stuff... i wish i couldve seen that... had to change all my stuff on the SS at 30k :crackup:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Boricua SS said:
damn.. 150k plus on stock stuff... i wish i couldve seen that... had to change all my stuff on the SS at 30k :crackup:

Faster car = more need to use the brakes...

This is sarcasm by the way.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Just shy of 130k miles on the original pads. My new ACDelco ones arrived from Amazon last Monday. $112 for both sets. Might put them on this weekend, but no rush. Probably another 5-10k left in pad thickness, but they're starting to chip slightly.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Im assuming you prob havnt done much towing with your truck? My sierra ecsb is around 72k and i have a change coming in my future. Recently purchased the truck so i dont know if they are originals, rotors look like theyr in decent shape though. Going to do ceramics all the way around.

ryan

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Bought truck new..towed alot first 50,000 miles..boston to baltimore.med size open trailer..now just 20 miles every other week. Reading here i guess i was very lucky with brake life

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
ryan said:
just got thru putting front and rear pads in...rotors still in great shape. front pads had another 10,000 miles to go...rears were real low...but at 135,000 cant complain..never have gotten this type miles out of factory oem pads..

That's great, a big reason to stick with OEM parts. Usually a little more but certainly pays off. I doubt very much that the cheap aftermarket stuff would ever give you mileage like that.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
My factory original on my Safari van were crap. 30,000km 18,000 miles and the rotors were warped. Dealer turned them and got another 30,000km till they were bad. After that it was after market made in North America rotors and pads and I could go 75000km plus between brake jobs. None of that China crap that seems to be the only stuff you can get now.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Of course if you do a lot of highway driving compared to city driving your brakes will last a lot longer :biggrin:

My dad's 04 camry has some pretty craptastic brakes, but they lasted a long time because he did 99% highway driving. My mom has a Chrysler Pacifica and had to replace her pads around 60k. She talked about how awesome toyota brakes must be until I mentioned that dad does all highway and she does all city driving, with a larger, heavier vehicle to boot. Plus the way she uses the brakes compared to my dad doesn't help :crazy:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Sparky said:
Of course if you do a lot of highway driving compared to city driving your brakes will last a lot longer :biggrin:

My dad's 04 camry has some pretty craptastic brakes, but they lasted a long time because he did 99% highway driving. My mom has a Chrysler Pacifica and had to replace her pads around 60k. She talked about how awesome toyota brakes must be until I mentioned that dad does all highway and she does all city driving, with a larger, heavier vehicle to boot. Plus the way she uses the brakes compared to my dad doesn't help :crazy:

Both vehicles were driven the same .

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online