Changed ECAS rear bags and now right side won't inflate

wad

Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Just changed out the cracked air bags on my 9-7x and found that only the left side inflates, It inflates enough to turn the system off but the right air bag won't even inflate at all, wanting it to inflate so it will seat.

I blew air in the line with an external compressor and the right bag inflates, so is it the levelling sensor or the compressor itself and the valve that controls which side to send air to?

Any one have any info?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
While you were working on the bags, did you move, break or disconnect the adjuster lever?

wad

Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Wooluf1952 said:
While you were working on the bags, did you move, break or disconnect the adjuster lever?
No I took a look and the levers are both perfect and in the same position.

Could it be an internal valve int eh compressor?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Yep. Second most common failure after cracked bags. You may end up wishing you hadn't invested in new bags, since you're now trapped into fixing/replacing the compressor. Arnott makes replacements if you don't find one for an acceptable price on Ebay. The Trailblazer SS and Envoys had them as options, for your searching.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'd be taking that pump apart to try and fix it before buying a new one over an airflow direction problem. I tend to be crazy that way though.

wad

Original poster
Nov 1, 2012
Sparky said:
I'd be taking that pump apart to try and fix it before buying a new one over an airflow direction problem. I tend to be crazy that way though.
I took the pump out and found that its not really serviceable, it seems as though the part that directs the air, valve system I guess is riveted and doesn't even have any bolts to remove.

Has anyone serviced one of these?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The way I see it is it had to go together somehow, so it has to come apart :biggrin:

Now maybe it won't go back together again, but...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Rivets are just like one-way screws and little wussy stickers put on an item to thwart amateur attempts at repair. Professionals mock them, drill them out, torch them off or rip them asunder.

A "professional" being defined as someone who is within Six Degrees of The Roadie, which you all are, of course.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online