Centric Premium Brake Rotor with E-Coating

cstern71

Feb 16, 2014
I have used those on a previous car. I had slotted rotors in the front and smooth rotors for the rear. I personally thought they were decent rotors. The ecoating held up quite well. I couldn't specify how many miles they lasted because I sold the car and it was totaled 6 weeks later.

On a side note, Centric makes Powerslot (now called Stoptech) as well. In fact one of rotors came in a Powerslot box with a Centric part number on it. Basically cheaper to buy under the Centric label instead of Stoptech.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
I have Powerstop OEMs with ceramic pads on mine. Ran about 160 or so on Rockauto.com if I remember correctly.

joepro17

Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Appreciate the input. Now you guys got me considering drilled and slotted. Decisions…decisions.

Reactions: dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
joepro17 said:
Appreciate the input. Now you guys got me considering drilled and slotted. Decisions…decisions.
I could immediately tell a huge difference in braking power with the BrakeMotive kit over OE. I did not have to apply much pressure to the brake pedal to stop as I did before the swap. Also swapped brake fluid as well. I have never felt the brake pedal that firm since I have owned my TB.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

joepro17

Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
I went ahead and got the centrics. I had AmEx Amazon points so they were almost free. Couldn’t pass that up. Took them for a test run. Definite noticeable improved stopping power. The rotors I replaced were the originals and I was getting pulsing when braking. After putting these on along with new pads no more brake pulsing. I’ll try to remember to update this thread when they need to be replaced.

Attachments

• IMAG0156(1).jpg
    IMAG0156(1).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0159.jpg
    IMAG0159.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
Brand new rotors always look nice... when their new. Once they start to rust is another story which is inevitable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online