Cen-Tech OBD II EOBD Scan Gauge $119.00

Vonhendon

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Anyone have this brand from Harber Freight? Is it decent and or you happy with it?

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Vonhendon said:
Anyone have this brand from Harber Freight? Is it decent and or you happy with it?

What is the exact model number or a link?

benz01

Jun 2, 2012
Kansas
Does anyone know if there are Bluetooth apps available for the iPhone or am I going to have to get one of those new S3's?

mcc

Apr 8, 2012
Vonhendon said:
Where did you buy the scanner at? Ebay

This is the exact one I have. It was $21.30 when I bought it and I have Prime so free shipping too :smile:

Edit: You'll also want this free plugin for Torque. Choose the option to scan for more PIDs under the menu button for it to provide the live transmission temp and probably a few other things it doesn't display out of the box.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
strat81 said:
Harbor Freight is for prybars shaped like screwdrivers, not electronics.

I disagree with this statement. I bought an A/C leak detector from them and it works great. Granted, it is not for full time commercial use but for the DIY'er, it's fine. But for a $10 difference, I would go for the better model for the added features, but not because it's from Harbor Freight.

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Vonhendon said:

I have the Harbor Freight 98614, I am happy with it for the price. I heard one should never upgrade the firmware and support from the manufacturer is non existent. Cen-tech is Harbor Freights brand. There is another brand available of the same exact device that is a bit cheaper in price. It is a risk as it would not have the HF return guarantee but if you are confident, you would save money. I am unable to remember the brand at the moment but it is common all over Amazon. It looked identical except the user manual omitted the words cen-tech.

Quick look on amazon, the name could possibly be Autel. The model number eludes me but one can locate the same one, look close enough at the features and compare the pdf user manuals available for both.

If you have a specific question about the 98614, let me know

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Mooseman said:
I disagree with this statement. I bought an A/C leak detector from them and it works great. Granted, it is not for full time commercial use but for the DIY'er, it's fine. But for a $10 difference, I would go for the better model for the added features, but not because it's from Harbor Freight.

The way I see Harbor Freight gear is if the purchased item can do the job (even once) and save me the labor of going to a shop. Its worth it. One thing that is very important is that if the tool puts your life in jeopardy such as spring compressors, jacks, jack stands, etc. Take a good look at them from time to time because well...its harbor freight. I assume the steel, metal is low grade and I don't want it stressing out and cracking on me in a time of vulnerability.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online