Cedar Point Amusment Park Fun

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Opening day for Cedar Point is May 10th. I was wonding if any of you would like to join and maybe do a little meet and maybe get some pictures of our rides with the coasters in the background. Standing in lines gets kinda boring somethimes so that would give us time to BS around and talk about our rides and whatever else. Let me know if you would be down to join.

P.S. I got a season pass so if opening weekend doesn't work for you maybe we can shoot for another weekend or during the week if we plan it out in advanced.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If it wasn't 1200 miles away, I'd be all over this. I love me some roller coasters! Haven't been to Cedar Point in about 15 years :undecided:

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Agreed. I've been all over the US for rollercoasters and this park is by far the best I've been to. Just recently moved to the Detroit area and never relised how close it was(2 hr drive). I bit the bullet and got the season pass hoping to make it there at least 3 times to pay for itself.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
One of the good things Ohio has lol. Im only 30 minutes away from Cedar Point so I might be up for this if I can get the time off of work.

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Boricua SS said:
One of the good things Ohio has lol. Im only 30 minutes away from Cedar Point so I might be up for this if I can get the time off of work.
That would be great if you could make it.

DJones said:
I've gone every year since the age of like 5. I'm not sure when I'm going this year yet.
Nice, wish I could have gone every year since I was 5.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Its only about 1.5 hours for me. Not bad. It would depend heavily on when people would be going if I could make it or not. Odds are though with my schedule that it wouldn't work but it might.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I have not been there since I was a kid... I wish I was closer.

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Sparky said:
Its only about 1.5 hours for me. Not bad. It would depend heavily on when people would be going if I could make it or not. Odds are though with my schedule that it wouldn't work but it might.
I will be leaving Warren about about 6 so probaly be getting there around 8:30. I''l be at the park all day. Also I'll be staying the night and heading there Sunday also if that works better.

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Just checking in on this. Opening day is next weekend! Let me know if you can make it!

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
You guys missed a great day. 70° party cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon and the lines were 30 minutes max.

Hopefully we can get a group of us to go. See who can handle the rides and who can't.

Also hope these pics work. Never tried uploading using tapatalk.uploadfromtaptalk1399778284230.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399778298207.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399778313943.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399778326283.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399778337296.jpguploadfromtaptalk1399778358009.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea I was stuck at work all day. Since im the strongest manager and the only IT guy available for the wknd, the supervisor made me work all day at our busiest restaurant to ensure a smooth running shift & to be there in the event of equipment failure. We're located right off the highway and are about 30 minutes east from the park, so we pick up A LOT of Cedar Point traffic off of I-90/Rt 2 and it showed. We did over a $5,000 breakfast compared to the usual $3-$3,500 and we did over $11,000 for the day compared to the usual $8-$9,000.

I'll be on the look out for threads in the future in the event something gets planned again.

Reactions: FlyingFischer

FlyingFischer

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Well work always comes before play so I understand and sounds like you guys did one hell of a job keeping up with the demand.

But I'll be going this coming weekend also if any want to join. I'm hoping to go every weekend of this month so I can get the main urge out of me before the heat and huge crowds come. So if anyone wants to join just hit me up.

Also not sure if you want me to spam new threads every weekend so if you think you are going just hit me up and we can figure out a place to meet up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online