CB Radio of choice?

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
It seems the Cobra 75wxst has been popular in the past because of its small size, is it still the CB of choice? or is there one a better one out there?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
I've always heard good things from Cobra. You can't really go wrong with their stuff.

You know... If there was a discreet way to hook up an antenna to the truck, I'd comtemplate this kind of toy...

I just don't need harmless looking like an oversized R/C car. :biggrin:

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
harmless said:
I've always heard good things from Cobra. You can't really go wrong with their stuff.

You know... If there was a discreet way to hook up an antenna to the truck, I'd comtemplate this kind of toy...

I just don't need harmless looking like an oversized R/C car. :biggrin:

I dont have a radio antenna, so possibly i could put it there, but Ill probley just end up using the taillight bracket from walcott

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I would definitely go with the compact Cobra. Of course I already have other radios that get more use than a CB.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The most effective antenna that you can get for running mobile is 5/8 wave antenna, Firestik is probably the most popular. I would go with a Firestik II as they are top loaded and can easily be tuned with a screw. If you get anything that is base loaded then you really need to place it up on the roof to do as well as a top loaded antenna.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I have great luck w my cobra 75 and firestik. Does everything I need a radio to do.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I run a Cobra Bluetooth in my Big Rig. Its an ok setup, with the ban on electronics they have for truck drivers, its a way to evade it.

In my truck, I have a modified Cobra 29 LTDNW, Conex Finals, Talkback, Reverb, and a few other tows. I have it put thru a foot warmer boosting it to 250 watts. And a 102" whip antenna mounted to my trailer hitch.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
The most effective antenna that you can get for running mobile is 5/8 wave antenna, Firestik is probably the most popular. I would go with a Firestik II as they are top loaded and can easily be tuned with a screw. If you get anything that is base loaded then you really need to place it up on the roof to do as well as a top loaded antenna.

I was planing on using the Firestick for the antenna, When I had my cherokee, thats what I used. For the CB i had the $40 wal-mart special. I dont remember the model but it worked for the time, however it seems like the 75 would be a better fit in the Trailblazer

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
This is a CB thread. Please keep it on topic.

Thanks.

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
I have both a Uniden Bearcat PC78ELITE, and a Galaxy DX 929. The Uniden is in the TB; the Galaxy in the Tahoe.
Both are very good, but can be pricey depending on where you get them. Mine are custom modded.

Both are used with a Wilson 5000 antenna... though it does kinda make the rides look like R/C racers.. lol.
I have both coils situated over the roof plane; though the TB's is mounted to the left rear corner on a bracket in the rear glass channel.

Spong

Dec 12, 2011
I had a Cobra 75WXST in mine for several years but took it out last year and installed a new Uniden 520XL that I bought awhile back but hadn't used. I liked the Cobra but the 520 has some things I like better about it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online