Carquest/Advance

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
It may have been mentioned here previously but, I just became aware that a little over a year ago Carquest became a part of Advance in a 2 billion buyout.
Kind of funny because we have an AutoZone, Carquest and Advance all on the same block in our little village...oh, and a Napa two blocks from those.
I can't help but feel that my constant tinkering might have had something to do making this a hot bed for AP stores.:suicide:...Mike.

Reactions: Realism

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Yep car quest bought advanced, but they are going to use the advanced store name and sell car quest parts. All they did was re box all the advanced parts in car quest boxes during the change over.

I'm surprised there is still a car quest there? They were supposed to be closed already.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I had no idea this happened.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Yep car quest bought advanced, but they are going to use the advanced store name and sell car quest parts. All they did was re box all the advanced parts in car quest boxes during the change over.

I'm surprised there is still a car quest there? They were supposed to be closed already.

No... it's the other way around, Advance bought Carquest :whisptersecret:Mike.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
RockAuto was liquidating CQ branded wipers dirt cheap a couple of years ago. Some stuff was just cheaper to sell off than try to rebrand.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
No... it's the other way around, Advance bought Carquest :whisptersecret:Mike.

I should have researched I suppose, I was going buy what the manager was telling me. I have a commercial account there so I'm in and out all the time.

I was shocked, how could a smaller company like car quest but out advanced lol this makes more sense.

Thank you for correcting me.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Despise our local Advance. Was thrilled when Orielly came to town, but still buy 95% of parts online.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Carquest never really got with the program, their website was out of the 90s
RIP Carquest :smiley_kill:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Advance sucks because one store computers can not connect to anothers. Sucks for returns n such.

Christopher

Mar 13, 2016
Worcester
I just made the jump from one Auto parts store over to advanced auto, a lot of thing in the store like store link ups and parts look up are out of data but the hole company is going throw a over hall right now and it takes time to get things done at that scale. They bought carquest because it opened up large truck parts to them and other new merch. There making a lot of big moves that will save the company and really push them into the lead of best parts house if they can survive long snuff to see everything throw

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Advance sucks because one store computers can not connect to anothers. Sucks for returns n such.

I really don't know why they aren't set up to. Makes little sense, especially since you can look up store stock etc online so there is some sort of connection in place.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It sucks. I would think the Advance owners would want it for simplicity.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online