Carlisle ATN Aug 2 - Aug 4, 2013

Are you attending Carlisle Truck Nationals (Aug 2-4, 2013)?

• Yes, I've already signed up and I'll be there

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Just a reminder to make plans now. :thumbsup:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Re-opening this thread. Only about 180 days to go. Let's get this thing going!!! :thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I really want to, but Tracey will be 3 weeks from delivery. I highly doubt I will be allowed to make the trip this year. :frown:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
I really want to, but Tracey will be 3 weeks from delivery. I highly doubt I will be allowed to make the trip this year. :frown:

Plenty of time - bring her along.:thumbsup:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
You came to the right place!!
I might sign up this weekend.
I'm not sure what our attendance was last year, but how do we get more people??:undecided: Heck, there should be 20 TrailBlazers (their owners!) from Lancaster County, PA that want to go.
Biggest truck show in the east I think.
We had people from Texas, Iowa, Florida and Canada (not sure if any were farther) and I didn't hear any regrets.

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Well, I finally have a GMT again. And I'll be there. I will either look for a roomie or stay with my cousin in Harrisburg. The gas is gonna be killer after the power adders this 5.7 is getting. But I will bring the good ol grill and I am thinking about giving away a set of retrofitted projector headlights.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I'll be there. I haven't registered yet as I'm not sure what vehicle will be making the trip. It will probably be the 'Hoe since the SS has always made the trip. And I would like to see a more diverse showing on the field. :undecided:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:

My wife made the trip up in 08 (i believe) she was about 4 weeks from due date. I was shocked she wanted to go and she had a blast. That also shocked me since she isnt a big car person.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
DARKASS04EXT said:
My wife made the trip up in 08 (i believe) she was about 4 weeks from due date. I was shocked she wanted to go and she had a blast. That also shocked me since she isnt a big car person.

Ohh Tracey has been there before and enjoyed it. However, I should have explained it a bit clearer. She will be 3 weeks from due date, however she has to give birth via C-section and they schedule that a week before the due date. That puts us 2 weeks out. Jake, my 6 year old and our most recent child decided he wanted to enter this world 10 days before his C-section date, which now puts us within 4 days of what our history shows as the due date. I realize that may not happen, but it is still difficult to convince the wife of that.

That said, as it stands I am now going to be in the hospital until the 9th of August, so I wouldn't be able to make it anyway, and now I am sweating making it home in time for the birth! Fingers crossed!

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I will officially register tomorrow. Wife is on board as well. We will have the new Blazer as hooked up as much as possible. Main concerns being paint, rims, and suspension.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Is this the thread to make a list of attendees?
If so;
If you are planning to attend add your name. When registered add that too.

1. Black LT - Nelson - registered

:wootwoot:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
OK, so we go out to eat after the show. I can hear it now - GMT Nation, party of one - right this way.
WooHoo!!!!:wootwoot:

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I'll be there. Even if GMTNation doesn't have a spot this year.

2. BO TIE SS - Sam - not registered (yet)

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Is anyone else in for this show? It would be nice to know. I'm just now getting focused for the event itself, so I guess i have some digging to do. Seems like a meek turnout at best:frown:??

Would we benefit at all from joining in with any other forums or do we want to make a push to make this a fantastic meet? I want to see some support!

If I can get some vendor involvement would that entice any of you? I don't want to pull for giveaways and such if there's only going to be a few of us.....doesn't seem fair.

2. BO TIE SS - Sam - not registered (yet)
3. smitty5150 - not registered yet, but already granted vacation time.

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
Call me a noob, but how do I register!!?? I'd really like to attend! My dad too he has a '12 Silverado!! I'll Google it too

Found the event!! What do I pre register for? I'm assuming the non judged show? Never done anything like this before!!

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
You register for the non.judged fun field and put GMT nation as your club. The amount of entrants we get determines our area. We would love to hit the big number of 25, so spread the word!

Charley12

Mar 23, 2013
Great I'll be registering this week hopefully! Looking forward to meeting a few of you guys

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Charley12 said:
Call me a noob, but how do I register!!?? I'd really like to attend! My dad too he has a '12 Silverado!! I'll Google it too

Found the event!! What do I pre register for? I'm assuming the non judged show? Never done anything like this before!!

:wootwoot:Yeah, the non judged showfield. Be sure to select GMTNation as the club. Then we have our own parking area inside the gates. Hopefully with a large tent again this year.

If at all possible, make it happen. Never heard anybody regretting it.

EDIT; Haha. No, I don't type THAT slow!! Just didn't know I wasn't at the end of the thread!!:redface:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I just checked out the site and did not realize Carlisle, Pa is only 75 miles North of me!

I will have to talk the wife into a road trip. Sounds like an awesome time and will be able to meet a few members.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
So, where are we with this? I've heard some mixed opinions about the event this year. Turnout was a bit low last year... are more people attending this year?

Please participate in the poll at the top of this thread so we can get a better idea of what might be needed.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Jman423 said:
So, where are we with this? I've heard some mixed opinions about the event this year. Turnout was a bit low last year... are more people attending this year?

Please participate in the poll at the top of this thread so we can get a better idea of what might be needed.

So far the turnout is pitiful for this year. I don't know why, it's an awesome show - I wouldn't miss it.
Is there that many less 'enthusiasts' and just more 'owners'?
A few of us are still going but I wouldn't blame you (forum owners) if you didn't support it like in the past.
Sure would be nice to have a tent - I don't know if Carlisle has a minimum amount of attendee's to allow for a tent. If we can get one, let me know how much and I'll see if we can split it up.

Or better yet, come on people - it's an awesome show - only once a year - I think it's the largest truck show in the east.
I'm not sure what our record attendance is - 30 or a little better?

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I can't understand it either. Its a great time, especially for an enthusiast. Great parking, great company, food, an awesome truck show, swap meet, cool attractions.....what more could a car guy ask for?

There is no member minimum, just a tent fee of $175 + tables. Any fun field space that isn't reserved for clubs is first come, first served.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Update...

2. BO TIE SS - Sam - registered

Decided to mix it up this year. I registered the 'Hoe instead of the SS.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
khoover said:
I am going again this year,:smile:

Awesome.
Do you know if you're doing a day trip, or making a weekend of it? Doesn't matter - just curious.

2. BO TIE SS - Sam - registered
4. khoover

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Some personal matters have come up and I will not be able to make it.

2. smitty5150 - not registered yet, but already granted vacation time.
3. khoover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online