Cardone CV Shafts

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
ok, I went to rockauto.com and I did a lot of different searches, I just can't find the CV shafts. Does anyone have a direct link? I just got my 2.5" lift and from what I've read you should swap in new CV shafts with the Cardone ones being proffered.

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
:eek: three HUNDRED eighteen bucks for the ac delco part?!?!?!!! :jawdrop2:

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
I've got twice your lift and haven't replaced mine yet and it's been 2 yrs. I think mine are OEM.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I left the stockers for now, they have 133k miles on them and I will wait until the boots slip off, or they need replacement. I am glad that these threads come up though, when it comes time to replace I know where to look.

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
mikekey said:
I've got twice your lift and haven't replaced mine yet and it's been 2 yrs. I think mine are OEM.

sheesh, from what I was reading it seems like as soon as you took the truck off the jacks the stock CV boot would burst into flames and spray CV juice all over. Depending on what the stock ones look like, I might leave em but either way it won't hurt to have replacements around.

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
Hose clamp the inner boot onto the tripod. That's all I did with a 3" lift, no troubles here.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Grimor said:
sheesh, from what I was reading it seems like as soon as you took the truck off the jacks the stock CV boot would burst into flames and spray CV juice all over. Depending on what the stock ones look like, I might leave em but either way it won't hurt to have replacements around.

Nope, some of these guys are just rough on their vehicles, even on pavement. Not just two years, but all the way out to Moab from south Florida, and all over the desert. Some guys even replace their hubs and CV's every year.

That being said, a spare or two is good to have. Especially at $50 bucks. But..... maybe the reason some guys are replacing them every week is the difference between those $50 ones and that $300 AC Delco one. Just a thought.

I doubt you have much to worry about if you know how to inspect your CV's and don't see any problems. Especially if you're not putting huge tires on, which it doesn't sound like you are.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianhvac

Members Online