Capote's Build Thread - "BatBlazer"

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Capote said:
Oooo I like that bud. But it fits, just a gap on top. I'm satisfied lol
Yea I wouldn't be lol. I'm maticulous and ocd with my work (ask Jeff and how I installed his HID'S and relay harness lol) and mods. I need everything to go back to as it was before i touched it. So it had to be OEM specs for that pillar for me. Plus the weight of the gauges will pull the pod away from your windshield post exposing the gauge wires through your windshield. At least mine did which led me to fiberglassing it.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That's good to be meticulous dude, but I don't mind if things don't look stock or OEM. I like to be a tad different. I don't think I'll have an issue with this pillar pulling away since its drilled into the original A-pillar. Everything is really solid.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Well there's a difference between being different/making our vehicles unique to our tastes and throwing things together just to make them fit/function know what I mean?

But I'll bow out of here so I'm not cluttering up your build thread or going off on a tangent here :rotfl:...

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Boricua SS said:
Well there's a difference between being different/making our vehicles unique to our tastes and throwing things together just to make them fit/function know what I mean?

I know what you mean bud. But I'll bow out of here so I'm not cluttering up your build thread or going off on a tangent here :rotfl:...
It's no problem man Lol. I mean I think it looks alright, only thing that's odd is the upper portion since it doesn't match the way the A-pillar curves up top. Everything is flush besides that.

Reactions: Boricua SS

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
16 September 2015:

Cleaned up LED wires I had behind dash bezel and side access panel on dash. Finished up gauge pillar, wiring for RPM gauge rerouted and secured. Wiring for Trans & Water neatly tucked away and easily accessible until I can get to them.

uploadfromtaptalk1442442002877.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442442071850.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442442101662.jpg

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Sorry for lack of updates gents, still have to post mods and etc. from back before I left for Germany this last time

Reactions: SnowBlazer

Mikey J 23

Mar 31, 2012
How are the Verde Protocol wheels holding up? I like the look, but wanted to know your thoughts (or anyone else that may own them) on how they are doing with time... Thanks for any feedback.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
How are the Verde Protocol wheels holding up? I like the look, but wanted to know your thoughts (or anyone else that may own them) on how they are doing with time... Thanks for any feedback.
Sorry bud, forgot to get back to you. They're holding up great, minus some of the paint chipping off the edges of the center caps. Brandon thinks its from me using too much wheel cleaner. Other than that, they look fantastic. I get compliments all the time.

Reactions: Mikey J 23

Mikey J 23

Mar 31, 2012
Sorry bud, forgot to get back to you. They're holding up great, minus some of the paint chipping off the edges of the center caps. Brandon thinks its from me using too much wheel cleaner. Other than that, they look fantastic. I get compliments all the time.
That's great to hear and appreciate you taking a minute. You don't get to have that kind of feedback on aftermarket wheels for our trucks often. The center caps seem like they would be an easy touch up if necessary.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
No problem at all man, yeah touch up wouldn't be hard for the center caps. The small chipping and cracked off sections of paint don't bother me on them. I don't notice it, only at the car wash when I'm cleaning my wheels

Reactions: Mikey J 23

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm sorry I have not updated my thread at all guys....STILL haven't gotten around to uploaded all the work I did before my last rotation to Germany and the recent radiator repair when I got back recently. Talk about slacking.....
And I've been busy with all the paperwork and b.s. to clear the Army. I'm out on terminal leave two hours from now. Now it's time to be a civilian, and so I've been spending a lot of time planning the move, looking for jobs and applying. So basically the rig's been on a hiatus since I've been back. Don't know when i'll be able to do any major mods again. Next thing is replacing the seals in the power steering rack though. She's leaking from elsewhere now among it.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
We're just gonna have to rip the steering rack out and do a full rebuild. Probably what we should have done the first time. I noticed when changing out the upper control arms on Brandy's EXT that it has a brand new steering rack! :yes:

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
We're just gonna have to rip the steering rack out and do a full rebuild. Probably what we should have done the first time. I noticed when changing out the upper control arms on Brandy's EXT that it has a brand new steering rack! :yes:
Sounds like beers are in order man :2thumbsup:

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Great looking build man!
Thanks bud, much more has been done since I last updated my build thread. I've just been too lazy to upload pics onto my computer and add everything in. I'll get around to it soon lol

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
I just looked through some of the pages that I didn't look at last time and all I can say is bravo . Also how hard was it to do the ss bumper and grille? Great work on the center console as well!

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I just looked through some of the pages that I didn't look at last time and all I can say is bravo . Also how hard was it to do the ss bumper and grille? Great work on the center console as well!
Thanks bud, front is LT and rear is SS. Those aren't hard to do, everything simply bolts on. Yeah I'm pretty happy how my center console came out. Like I've stated above, just been too lazy to update my build thread lol. Lots more was done since then.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online