Can't shift out of P

TrailblazerVal

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
My 2006 Trailblazer 4.2 left me stranded the other day. I was unable to depress button on shifter to get it out of P. It still runs.

After a friend helped me tow it home, we found the shifter cable bushing was broken to bits. Waiting on the bushing to come in mail.

However I still have issue with shifter. I have taken apart, part of the center console and don't really know what I am looking at. I am just learning to troubleshoot and repair my own stuff. Not sure where to begin or how to troubleshoot electric stuff....

Any guidance is appreciated !

Valerie in Ocala

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
TrailblazerVal said:
My 2006 Trailblazer 4.2 left me stranded the other day. I was unable to depress button on shifter to get it out of P. It still runs.

After a friend helped me tow it home, we found the shifter cable bushing was broken to bits. Waiting on the bushing to come in mail.

However I still have issue with shifter. I have taken apart, part of the center console and don't really know what I am looking at. I am just learning to troubleshoot and repair my own stuff. Not sure where to begin or how to troubleshoot electric stuff....

Any guidance is appreciated !

Valerie in Ocala
When I had the same problem with my shifter linkage bushing, my shifter was also stuck in park. Once I reconnected the linkage and replaced the bushing with this: http://www.atfspeed.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_210&products_id=568

Then my shifter would come out of park. There is a button on the inside of the bushing that tells the shifter if the linkage is connected, which then allows the shifter to move out of park.

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
I had this problem, Used some force on the shifter button one time, ever since then I haven't had a problem...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.