Can't search for HID?

Dad-O-Matic

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I've tried searching (both regular and advanced) for HID, hid and Hid, but search doesn't come up with anything. I'm just curious if I'm the only one.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It doesn't appear to work with advanced search either.

Here is a way to search the site until the search is fixed. Search google "HID site:gmtnation.com". If you add site:gmtnation.com it will search for it on gmtnation.

Upvote 0

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I had the same exact problem. I was actually told to go search because I made a new thread yesterday about HID's, but I did try to search, just nothing and I mean nothing came up.

Upvote 0

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
It is a software and server limitation that prevents the server from getting overloaded. The forum software and server database will ignore 3 letter or less search terms. There is a server update that can be done to allow the usage of three letter search terms, but whether or not it will (or rather, should) be implemented is up to the site staff.

HID's counts as three (due to the apostrophe), but hids counts as four and yields results.

Source: I co-admin a V-Bulletin forum and have had this same request from my users.

Upvote 0

Dad-O-Matic

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
kardain said:
It is a software and server limitation that prevents the server from getting overloaded. The forum software and server database will ignore 3 letter or less search terms.

Thanks for the clarification. I saw a couple of people being chastised for not searching before asking HID questions. I hope they'll read this and be suitably shamed for telling other users to do the impossible.:no:

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Reported to admins to see what they can do. I second the recommendation about the Google site modifier. Google seems to be doing a great job indexing us now we're on their radar screen.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.