NEED HELP Can't quite figure this one out.

Kansasborn

Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Paola, Ks
Ok, so I fairly sure this issue has been discussed before but here we go. So a little history. I bought my 02 Tb LS base model in 2014 with I believe 181, ??? miles. Had 1 big repair within first 2 years (radiator) This has been a very solid, reliable SUV up until this point.Now 5 years later I've had the worst time trying to find the problem to the misfire. It started @ cyl 4, then random/multiple, then cyl 5, then back to random. I checked and replaced all coils, plugs, a few coil connectors, replaced the fuel pressure regulator, purge valve & vent valve solenoid, fuel filter, fuel pump and sending unit, ignition switch. So last night I wanted to check to see if I had any fuel pressure by releasing some at Schrader valve. None at all. Where do I go from here. I'm about ready to throw my hands up. Any thoughts?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep. Been there:

Might not be exactly the same problem as yours but has pretty much the same troubleshooting steps for all types of misfires. I have not yet swapped the crank sensor or replaced the O2 sensor as I usually don't let it idle too long

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Good point @KEEBZ489. Did you use AcDelco coils and spark plugs?

You mentioned testing fuel pressure. Is it not starting now?
I had a similar issue with a slight miss. I replaced everything that you have so far and then went for the MAF sensor and MAP sensor and that fixed the issue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online