Candy Help

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
This is going to be a weird request. . . .

A lady that my fiancee works with is dying from cancer. Started out as esophageal and has pretty much spread everywhere. The lady is addicted to Caramel Junior (like Junior Mints) but we can't find any locally around here. They doctors are saying she has less than 6 months, so we were thinking of getting them for Valentine's Day for her. We looked on ebay, amazon, and internet overall but can only seem to find the caramel ones in cases. Another place we found is $1.79 for the movie theatre sized box, but then they want $5.84 :eek: in shipping. Could you guys be on the lookout for them for me - maybe pick up a couple boxes and I'll pay-pal or mail you a check/money order? Thinking that its maybe not the right season around here for caramel.

Thanks guys (gals).

Michael

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
mapanch said:
This is going to be a weird request. . . .

A lady that my fiancee works with is dying from cancer. Started out as esophageal and has pretty much spread everywhere. The lady is addicted to Caramel Junior (like Junior Mints) but we can't find any locally around here. They doctors are saying she has less than 6 months, so we were thinking of getting them for Valentine's Day for her. We looked on ebay, amazon, and internet overall but can only seem to find the caramel ones in cases. Another place we found is $1.79 for the movie theatre sized box, but then they want $5.84 :eek: in shipping. Could you guys be on the lookout for them for me - maybe pick up a couple boxes and I'll pay-pal or mail you a check/money order? Thinking that its maybe not the right season around here for caramel.

Thanks guys (gals).

Michael

Sorry to hear Michael... I'll try my best to search for you :grouphug:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011

Attachments

• JuniorCaramels.jpg
    JuniorCaramels.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 79

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Sorry to hear Michael... I'll try my best to search for you :grouphug:

Thanks. The lady is like another grandmother to her.

BO TIE SS said:
Just to verify...we're talking about these?

View attachment 3736

Yup thats what she is looking for. We've been ALL over around here, and can't find them anywhere.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
How much are you looking for?

I found a 12 count case shipped for less than $36. I also found an ad from Walgreens. They don't have a price listed. Do you have a Walgreens near you?

Junior Caramels Candy 3.6-Ounce Packs: 12CT Display
Junior Caramels Candy | Walgreens

I think that she was just looking for 3 or 4 boxes of them. Its really hard for her to eat so that will last her a long time. I think there is a Walgreen's close by (was under construction last time I was up that way). Might have to take a little road trip. Hadn't made it that far in my travels yet.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
mapanch said:
I think there is a Walgreen's close by (was under construction last time I was up that way). Might have to take a little road trip. Hadn't made it that far in my travels yet.
Let me know. There are many Walgreens around here. I'm sure I could get them to you pretty cheap. (or maybe Julie's ready for a road trip to Cabella's) :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I have 2 walgreens here by me up north.. I could check um out as well...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Ok, I have the Walgreens app on my smart phone (galaxy s) and Walgreens definetly carries them...I would link it, but I'm on tapatalk right now..

Hope we helped Michael..

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I checked our "local" (43 miles one way) Walgreens and they don't carry them. Didn't see them on the shelf and didn't have a space for them. One more local-ish place to try.

We saw the places that sell them by the case, but the lady is stopping her chemo treatments :sadcry: and its hard for her to eat to begin with. The cases of 12 would be too much for her.

Thanks for searching guys :grouphug:

If you hit Cabellas let me know Sam. Score a mini-meet perhaps. There is another wing place about halfhour North of Cabella's. Wings are HUGE and they are awesome. Plus they have yuengling on tap IIRC www.droversinn.net

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Don't know if you guys have Drug Mart's (a smaller version of a Walgreens) down by you, but I checked in store today, and no go for the candy :sadcry:

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Don't know if you guys have Drug Mart's (a smaller version of a Walgreens) down by you, but I checked in store today, and no go for the candy :sadcry:

No we don't have Drug Mart's. We have CVS, (apparently) Walgreens, Rite-Aide, Kroger, Wallys, K-Mart, Target. I've even hit the point where I hit the theatre's to check for it the other day. No one around here seems to have it.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I found them!!!! PM me you address and I'll send them to you. You don't owe me anything. My wife battled breast cancer this past summer. She is cancer free now, but still going through radiation and this is a way for us to give back a little for all who were so nice to us in our time of need.

mapanch

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Short Bus said:
I found them!!!! PM me you address and I'll send them to you. You don't owe me anything. My wife battled breast cancer this past summer. She is cancer free now, but still going through radiation and this is a way for us to give back a little for all who were so nice to us in our time of need.

Awesome Shawn. Thanks alot. PM inbound....

Glad that your wife was able to get through it. Hope to see you guys this some this summer!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.